Are you an abuser?
You may be abusing your partner, if you ...
- Believe it is a man's job to be in charge of women
- Have difficulty expressing feelings
- Try to control your partner's behavior
- Have broken things or thrown things at your partner
- Hit, shoved or kicked your partner
- Are very jealous
- Have an explosive temper
- Drink heavily or use drugs
- Criticize and put down your partner a lot
- Feel contempt and anger toward women
There is help available!
If you are a member of the SJSU community, you can contact our Counseling Services department 408-924-5910 for information, referrals and support. Confidentiality is respected.You can also contact these community organizations:
- YWCA Support Network800-572-2782 (24-hour crisis line)
- AACI Asian Women's Home408-975-2739 (24-hour hotline)
- Next Door Solutions408-279-2962 (24-hour hotline)