Payment of the Mandatory Health Fee (MHF) allows students unlimited primary care visits at no additional cost.
- Illness and Injury Treatment: Care for the flu, sprains, lacerations, infections, and etc.
- Preventive Medicine: Nutritionists and health educators are available for counseling and diet information. Immunizations are available at a reduced cost.
- Women's Health: Evaluation and treatment of gynecological problems, routine examinations, and contraception counseling. (There is a nominal fee for outside lab work done in conjunction with a gynecological exam.)
Primary Care also includes:
- HIV/AIDS information
- Individual counseling and group presentations are provided by Health Educators and peer health educators. Confidential HIV Testing is $12.
Are you interested in reproductive health care services at no cost to you? Many SJSU students are eligible for Family PACT.
To schedule an eligibility appointment, call the Student Health Center at (408)924-6122.
- Dermatology: Appointments are available only by referral from Health Center clinicians. The dermatologist provides examination, treatment & minor surgery for skin problems. The fee per visit is $7.
- Gender Affirming Care Services: Transgender Services at SJSU Student Health Center. For resource information, visit SJSU PRIDE Center and youthspace.org.
- Podiatry: Care for foot and podiatry services are offered. No referral required.
- Sports Medicine: Care for sports-related and orthopedic problems is provided. Referral by a Health Center clinician is not required.
- Travel Care: Comprehensive travel health consultation (45-minute appointment) is available to reduce risks of illness and accidents when traveling abroad. Download the Travel Medical Consult Questionnaire. This form needs to be printed, completed, and faxed to (408)924-7786 for the student's travel consultation with the MD or NP. (Adobe Acrobat Reader is needed to download this form). The fee for a comprehensive travel consultation is $18.
- Laboratory: Many laboratory tests can be performed in the Health Center Laboratory free of charge. Outside laboratory procedures have varying fees.
- Pharmacy: The Health Center Pharmacy fills prescriptions prescribed by licensed U.S. physicians. Over-the-counter products are also available. Prices are competitive.
- Physical Therapy: Services available include soft tissue and joint mobilization, ultrasound, electro-stimulation, exercise programs, and hot/cold packs. A referral from a Health Center clinician is required. Crutch/cane rental (free). The per visit fee is $7.
- Radiology: SHC Imaging is committed to providing outstanding care, utilizing state-of-the-art technology. Our medical professionals conduct studies, maintaining the highest standards of clinical excellence, provided in a compassionate, caring environment.
- Physical Examinations: Academic-related (Nursing, Occupational Therapy), pre-employment, routine wellness and SCUBA physical examinations are available for a nominal fee.
- Immunizations: Currently available MMR, Titers, Tdap, Hep B and TB tests (Quantiferon blood test used to screen for TB) are available.
- The Student Health Center (SHC) does not provide allergy testing or allergy shot administration for students on an advancing dosage regimen.
ADHD: The SHC does not provide ADHD diagnostic assessments or ADHD medication treatment.
- Local resources for testing: Bay Area Assessment Services and Wright Institute Assessment Service
- Students will need to arrange to receive refills of medications from their current prescriber.
- For assistance with academic challenges, here are some campus resources:
Student Health Center Services Does Not Replace Health Insurance
Students are encouraged to carry supplemental health insurance as the Student Health Center does not provide major medical or emergency services. For more information on health insurance please visit CSU Healthlink.