Patient Bill of Rights:
- To be treated with respect, consideration and dignity.
- To be given privacy during discussion, examination and treatment.
- To have all communications and records pertaining to your health care be kept confidential.
- To be provided information concerning you diagnosis, treatment and prognosis in language
- To approve or refuse the release of information regarding your health care.
- To receive reasonable continuity of care and know the names and the titles of those
participating in your health care.
- To refuse treatment at any time.
- To be informed of Student Health Center's policies regarding your rights and responsibilities,
and availability of service.
- To use the Student Health Center process to effectively express concerns and suggestions
about the clinic.
- To present accurate identifying information.
- To arrive on time for appointments and to cancel appointments ahead of time so that
other patients may utilize that time.
- To know the name of your health care professional.
- To present details of illness of complaint accurately to assure your proper evaluation
- To cooperate responsibly with all persons involved in the health care process.
- To ask for clarification whenever information or instructions are not understood.
- To participate fully in you health care.
- To pay for services received.
- To behave appropriately and in conformity with San Jose State University's Student Code of Conduct.
- To obtain adequate health insurance, if possible, be familiar with policy coverage,
and provide information, if needed, for appropriate provider referral.