- Violence is a learned behavior. If it can be learned, it can be unlearned.
- If you are a victim of violence, it is NOT your fault, you are NOT alone, and you CAN get help!
Violence Prevention Counseling:
Violence Prevention Counseling consists of a 60-minute confidential appointment on various violence prevention/awareness topics. Please call (408) 924-6122 to make an appointment. You can also email Wellness & Health Promotion Coordinator, Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have questions about Violence Prevention topics.
- Sexual Assault
- Confidential help through the process of healing for you or a friend
- Healthy and Unhealthy Relationships
- Domestic Violence/Intimate Partner Violence
- Understanding what consent is and how to get and give consent
- Cycle of Violence
- Power and Control
- Media Influence on Relationships
Violence Prevention Presentations and Programs:
Presentations and programs are available for the SJSU campus community. Please see our Presentation Request Form to see topics and make a request.
Violence Prevention Resources:
- Power and Control Wheel
- Equality Wheel
- Definition of Consent
- YWCA Rape Crisis Center
- 24 hr hotline 408-287-3000
- Next Door Solutions to Domestic Violence
- Rape, Abuse, Incest, National Network
- California Coalition Against Sexual Assault
If you have any questions about Violence Prevention counseling or programming, please contact:
Jennifer Gacutan-Galang, MPH
Wellness & Health Promotion Coordinator
ATOD & Violence Prevention
Co-Chair: Alcohol & Drug Abuse Prevention Committee