How to Apply
Now that you are ready to apply to a program:
- Navigate to that specific program brochure on the Spartans Abroad Portal and click on the “Apply Now” button.
- Select “Log in using SJSU ID” and follow the normal DUO login security measures for the university.
- Complete the simple Study Abroad Application for the program and submit it by the deadline.
- Submit: Be sure to click on the “Submit Your Application” button after you’ve completed all the required fields on the Study Abroad Application.
- Deadline: Be sure to apply before the application deadline. Scroll down to the Important Deadlines
- Review: Normally application review happens after the deadline unless noted otherwise.
- Decision: Unless a specific decision date is noted on the Program Overview page, decisions are usually emailed to students about 1-3 weeks after the application deadline.
- Additional Application for ISEP & CSU IP: In addition to applying on the Spartans Abroad Portal, all ISEP and CSU IP applicants need to create accounts and complete additional applications on the ISEP and CSU IP websites before a decision can be made.
- Non-SJSU Students: Open University students are able to apply for our Faculty-Led Programs (FLP). When you click on the “Apply Now” button you will need to select the “Log in for Non-SJSU Students” to create an account before filling out the specific program application.
Fall & Spring Programs
|Term||SJSU Exchange||CSU IP||ISEP Exchange *||ISEP Direct|
|Fall Only or Academic Year (Fall & Spring)||February 15||February 15||March 1||Varied|
|Spring Only or Calendar Year (Spring & Fall)||September 15||September 15||September 15||Varied|
*ISEP programs have varying application dates. It is critical to discuss ISEP programs with Vid Raatior (book an appointment or firstname.lastname@example.org) ISEP coordinator early on, in order to ensure you meet the early priority application deadlines for the ISEP Exchanges and the varying deadlines for the ISEP Direct programs.
Summer & Winter Programs
|Term||Faculty-Led Programs (FLP)**||Summer School Abroad (SSA)||Alternative Break Programs (ABP)|
**View specific Short-Term Program deadlines here. More detailed deadlines for Faculty-Led Programs (FLP) will be provided to you in your Acceptance letter and on the Spartans Abroad Portal.Apply Now