Programs & Services
Spring 2023 Guardian Scholars Program Requirements
GSP requirements are meant to support student’s personal and academic growth by connecting them with SJSU Campus Resources and GSP services. Thus, creating a SJSU community and sense of belonging; while also having students be involved in their education by developing the skills necessary to successfully achieve their personal, professional, and academic goals.
GSP Plan for First Year Frosh and Transfers (Fall 2022 was first semester at SJSU) [pdf]
- Priority registration
- Designated EOP Academic Advisor
- Develop a system of accountability around identifying and achieving goals
- Skill building, which includes time management, setting priorities, study skills, and stress management strategies
- Develop critical thinking and decision making skills to understand the impact of choices
- Provide opportunities to build relationships with other students in the Guardian Scholars Program
- Assistance and access in locating on campus, year-round housing
- Housing planning during academic breaks and transitional periods
* Housing is accessible to all San Jose State students who are foster youth, wards of the court, or unaccompanied homeless youth.
* Guardian Scholars is unable to assist with financial payment for student housing, but can assist with the process to secure housing on the SJSU campus throughout the calendar year.
Please contact the email@example.com for more information on cost and access.
- Access to scholarship opportunities specifically for Guardian Scholars
- Access to emergency funding for students who experience unforeseen financial hardship
- Book vouchers to be used exclusively through the SJSU Bookstore for textbooks and academic supplies
- Additional scholarship resources