Wong, Hiu Yung
Silicon Valley AMDT Endowed Chair in Electrical Engineering
- Ph.D. EECS, University of California, Berkeley (2006)
- M.Phil. Computer Science and Engineering, Chinese University of Hong Kong (2001)
- B. Eng. Computer Engineering, Chinese University of Hong Kong (1999)
Hiu Yung Wong is an Assistant Professor and Silicon Valley AMDT Endowed Chair in Electrical Engineering, San Jose State University. He received his Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from the University of California, Berkeley in 2006. From 2006 to 2009, he worked as a Technology Integration Engineer in Spansion. From 2009 to 2018, he was a TCAD Senior Staff Application Engineer in Synopsys.
He received the Curtis W. McGraw Research Award from ASEE Engineering Research Council in 2022, the NSF CAREER award and the Newnan Brothers Award for Faculty Excellence in 2021, and Synopsys Excellence Award in 2010. He is the author of the book, "Introduction to Quantum Computing: From a Layperson to a Programmer in 30 Steps".
His research interests include the applications of machine learning in simulation and manufacturing, cryogenic electronics, quantum computing, reliability simulations, wide bandgap devices (such as GaN, SiC, Ga2O3, and diamond) simulations, novel semiconductor devices design and Design Technology Co-Optimization (DTCO). His works have produced 1 book, 1 book chapter, 90 papers and 10 issued patents.
- 2022 Curtis W. McGraw Research Award (ASEE Engineering Research Council).
- Silicon Valley AMDT Endowed Chair in Electrical Engineering, 2022
- NSF CAREER Award, 2021
- Newnan Brothers Award for Faculty Excellence, 2021.
- Synopsys Excellence Award (1 out of every ~500 employees), 2010
- Sir Edward Youde Memorial Fellowships for Overseas Studies, 2001
- Senator, San Jose State University (office hour 1pm-2pm Monday. Please email me for Zoom link.)
Associate Editor, IEEE Access
Guest Editor, JVST-B, speical issue on "Reliability and Stress-related Phenomena in Nano and Microelectronics"
- Technical Program Committee (TPC) for International Conference on Simulation of Semiconductor Processes and Devices (SISPAD) (2020-)
- Co-Chair, 16th International Conference on Reliability and Stress-related Phenomena in Nano and Microelectronics (IRSP 2019)
- IEEE EDS-SCV/SF Secretary (2018 -2019) Treasurer (2019-)
- IEEE EDS-SCV/SF executive committee board (2018 - )
- Senior Member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Workshop Moderator: “Circuit Reliability: Advanced nodes concerns and CAD tools flows” 2018 IEEE International Reliability Physics Symposium (IRPS)
- Reviewer: IEEE Electron Device Letter (EDL) and others
- Judge: The Synopsys Championship (the Santa Clara County science fair for students in grades 6-12), Sciencepalooza! (for students in grades 9-12 in East San José)