One Washington Square
San Jose, CA 95192-0180
Office: ENG 250
Office Hour (Fall 2020) - Online via Zoom: M&Tu 3pm-4pm; by appt
Fall 2020 Courses - Online via Zoom
- CMPE 138-1 (Database Systems I): TuTh 4:30pm-5:45pm
- CMPE 180B-1 (Database Systems): TuTh 4:30pm-5:45pm
- CMPE 226-1 (Database Systems): MW 1:30pm-2:45pm
- CS 149-4 (Operating Systems): MW 4:30pm-5:45pm
- CS 218-1 (Topics in Cloud Computing): TuTh 1:30pm-2:45pm
Research interests: cloud computing, virtualization, distributed systems, parallel processing, and database
Dr. Kong Li obtained his BSEE from National Taiwan University, MS and Ph.D., both in Computer Science, from UCLA. He joined San Jose State University in 2013. Prior joining San Jose State University, he has been working in industry for over 17 years in areas of design, development, and performance analysis experience with multi-tier applications in areas of system management, Web Application Performance Management (WAPM), SaaS, virtualization, cloud computing, database, and distributed/parallel architecture.
Industry Experiences: www.linkedin.com/in/likong/
- US Patent 9852140, “Efficient File Replication”, Dec 26, 2017.
- US Patent 6078324, “Event Signaling In A Foldable Object Tree”, June 20, 2000.
- US Patent 5999178, “Selection, Type Matching and Manipulation of Resource Objects By A Computer Program”, Dec. 7, 1999.
- US Patent 5986653, “Event Signaling In A Foldable Object Tree”, Nov. 16, 1999.
- US Patent 5829001, “Database Updates Over A Network”, Oct. 27, 1998.