Transportation Solutions (TS) helps alleviate automobile traffic to SJSU and reduce impact on the University’s parking facilities.TS is dedicated to serve the commute needs of the students and employees of SJSU. Its region-wide operation emphasizes alternatives to driving alone.
What We Do
For more information on unlimited rides on VTA buses and Light Rail with SmartPass Clipper and SJSU Tower Card, visit the SmartPass Overview.
Learn more about bike use, storage, and safety on campus.
Find the best way to get to, from and around campus with custom and pre- planned trips.
Discounts on HWY 17 Express, Altamount Corridor Express and Capitol Corridor.
Share the costs of your commute. Carpool with a fellow Spartan, our resources make it easy!
Park free at any of the VTA lots and take light rail to SJSU using your SmartPass Clipper.
VTA’s New Transit Service Plan will go into effect on December 28, 2019. Changes include some areas that may lose service coverage, have altered service coverage, or have the same coverage under a different route number. The following routes to campus will be affected: 63, 64, 65, 66, 73, 81, 82, 201 DASH, and 323 .
For individuals who take an Express Route to campus:
Express Bus 181 - Due to the delay of BART, the Express bus 181 will continue to operate until BART service opens in the future stopping at the I-880/Milpitas light rail station.
Express Bus 168 - This route will continue to run as an Express Route until 2021, potential changes to Express bus 168 will be part of VTA’s robust community engagement next year.
We have put together a summary of the SJSU routes that will be affected. If you have any concerns about these changes might impact you or if you need assistance finding an alternative route to campus please email email@example.com.
Transportation Solutions operates under the auxiliary organization Associated Students (AS). TS receives funding from the following sources:
- Part of the campus miscellaneous fees for Associated Students
- Annual grant ($95K) from UPD Parking Services’ Alternative Transportation Funds
- Grant from the Bay Area Air Quality Management District Transportation Fund for Clean Air (TFCA). To date, TS has received $2.1 million in grant funds from TFCA since 2001.
Awards & Recognitions
- Bicycle Friendly University presented by the League of Bicycle Friendly America, September 2015
- The Clean Air Award presented by Breathe California, April 2009
- University of California, California State University and California Community Colleges Sustainable Transportation Award, June 2006
- The Bay Area’s Best Workplaces for Commuters Award, November 2002, June 2003, October 2005, June 2006, and January 2018
- Environmental Protection Agency Commuter Choice Leadership Initiative Award, February 2003
Diaz Compean Student Union, 1st Floor, Suite 1800
San Jose State University, One Washington Square
San Jose, CA 95192-0129
Telephone: (408) 924-7433
Fax: (408) 924-6220
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm