MS Biomedical Engineering (BME) Approved Technical Electives
- Required transition courses and program of study courses cannot be used as electives.
- No more than 9 units of 100 level courses can be applied towards the M.S. degree.
- Engr 200W cannot be used as a technical elective.
If you have questions, contact your advisor.
Approved Technical Electives
Students should be aware that some of the listed courses may require prerequisites which would not normally be taken by BME students. Students should consult the instructor of the particular course(s) to determine if they are adequately prepared. Please be aware of the work load of each particular course before enrolling in it.
Biomedical Engineering Electives
18 units for Project Option; 15 units for Thesis Option
- BME 117 Biotransport Phenomena - 3 units
- BME 254 Microscale Biomedical Systems - 3 units
- BME 256 Biomedical Applications of Nanoplatforms - 3 units
- BME 258 Biomedical Imaging - 3 units - Planned Course
- BME 272 Biomedical Device Design and Principles - 3 units
- MatE 175 Biomaterials - 3 units
- ME 267 Engineering Biomechanics - 3 units
- EE 127 Electronics for Biomedical Engineering Applications - 3 units
- Engr 220 Bioinformatics Computational Tools and Algorithms for Engineers - 3 units
- ChE 293 Applied Bioinformatics for Bioengineers - 3 units
Other Electives Requires Advisor pre-approval