The Center offers support to SJSU faculty and staff to explore a variety of tools you can use to enhance your professional communication and collaboration.
Faculty Profile Website
SJSU offers faculty a web space to allow their students, colleagues, and their professional community to learn about them. Faculty can post on this web space all the courses they teach, their presentations at conferences, their research interest and publications, or any of their professional accomplishments and activities.
For those faculty who have previous web content developed via Website Builder or legacy content management system, the information has been migrated to this OmniUpdate (OU) Campus environment. You can edit the content and post an updated version.
If interested, take advantage of this opportunity to create your official professional profile by:
- Send your request to email@example.com for an one-on-one consultation.
- Download the documentation below to learn at your own pace.
Note: If you are new or never have a faculty website account, visit faculty website request page to request for an account.
Supporting Staff and Faculty with
The entire suite of Google Apps is available to all faculty and staff affiliated with SJSU. This includes Gmail, Calendar, Google Docs, YouTube, etc. You can learn how to or any tips or tricks in using these apps for your business communication, office collaboration and teaching. If interested,
- Send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org for an one-on-one consultation. We also offer customized small group consultation or workgroup
discussion by request.
- Download the tutorials below to learn at your own pace.
A general overview of Google Apps is available at:
More detailed information, appropriate for beginners and experts alike, can be accessed at:
The Google Apps in Education
For more information and ideas about how Google Apps can be used in educational settings, visit:
- Google in Education
- 32 ways to use Google Apps in Higher Education: For Faculty/Staff
- 32 ways to use Google Apps in the Classroom