- Calendar for Events and Workshops
- Resources for New Faculty
- Accessible Course Materials
- Captioning Guidelines/Support
- Breakfast Club and Tea & Talk Programs
- Conducting and Publishing Research on Teaching and Learning
- Accessible Syllabus Template [doc]
- Graduate Studies and Research
- Faculty Affairs
- Academic Technology
The Center offers support to SJSU faculty and staff to help them explore a variety of tools they can use to enhance their professional communication and collaboration.
The SJSU has adopted OU Campus as the official web content management system to develop campus faculty web content. All your previous web content developed via Website Builder have been migrated to this new OU Campus environment. The CFD partners with the University's Web Services at Information Technology Services to offer group training or individual consultation. To meet your needs and preferred learning style, your options are:
- Visit our Events calendar to view the schedule and register for an instructor-led session.
- Stop by the open lab for an one-on-one consultation. Visit Events calendar to view the open lab schedule.
- View this faculty website tutorial [pdf] to learn at your own pace.
The entire suite of Google Apps is available to all faculty and staff affiliated with SJSU. This includes Gmail, Google Calendar and Google Docs as well as Google Site and Google Groups. The CFD staff partners with the University's Information Technology Services to offer group training or individual consultation. To meet your needs and preferred learning style, your options are as follows:
Hands-on instructor-led workshops are offered regularly throughout the year. To view the schedule and to register for a session, see our Events calendar.
Small group or one-on-one consultation is also available by contacting our Center Office.
If you prefer learning at your own pace with step-by-step instructions, visit and/or download a copy of the tutorials from the links below.
- Gmail Overview [pdf]
- Google Calendar [pdf]
- Google Docs [pdf]
- Accessible Video via YouTube Captioning [pdf]
A general overview of Google Apps is available at:
More detailed information, appropriate for beginners and experts alike, can be accessed at:
The Google Apps in Education
For more information and ideas about how Google Apps can be used in educational settings, visit:
- Google in Education
- 32 ways to use Google Apps in Higher Education: For Faculty/Staff
- 32 ways to use Google Apps in the Classroom