The Center offers support to SJSU faculty and staff to explore a variety of tools you can use to enhance your professional communication and collaboration.
Faculty Profile Website
SJSU provides faculty a web space for students, colleagues, and professional community to learn about our faculty members. Faculty can post all the courses they are currently teaching or have taught in the past, research interest and publications, conference presentations, or any professional accomplishments and activities.
For those faculty who have web content developed via previous Website Builder or legacy content management system, the information has been migrated to OmniUpdate (OU) Campus environment. Use this OU Campus system to edit and post updated content information.
Take advantage of this special privilege to create or edit your official professional profile at SJSU. If interested,
- Send a request to email@example.com for an one-on-one consultation.
- Download the documentation below to learn at your own pace.
Note: If you are new or never have a faculty website account, visit faculty website request page to request for an account.
Supporting Staff and Faculty with
The entire suite of Google Apps is available to all faculty and staff affiliated with SJSU. This includes Gmail, Calendar, Google Docs, YouTube, etc. You can learn the "how to's" or any tips or tricks in using these apps for your business communication, office collaboration and teaching. If interested,
- Send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org for an one-on-one consultation. You may also request customized small group consultation or
special workgroup discussion.
- Download the tutorials below to learn at your own pace.
A general overview of Google Apps is available at:
More detailed information, appropriate for beginners and experts alike, can be accessed at:
The Google Apps in Education
For more information and ideas about how Google Apps can be used in educational settings, visit:
- Google in Education
- 32 ways to use Google Apps in Higher Education: For Faculty/Staff
- 32 ways to use Google Apps in the Classroom