Writing Marathon Program
- Calendar for Events and Workshops
- Fall 2013 New Faculty Orientation
- Resources for New Faculty Members
- Breakfast Club and Tea & Talk Programs
- Conducting and Publishing Research on Teaching and Learning
- Is My Document Accessible? [pdf]
- Are My Course Materials Accessible? [pdf]
- Accessible Syllabus Template [doc]
- Graduate Studies and Research
- Faculty Affairs
- Academic Technology
With so many plates spinning, it can be difficult for faculty to make time for their scholarly and creative agendae. Several times each year, the Center partners with the Office of Graduate Studies and Research and with the King Library to offer "oases" - time and space for faculty to come and write, uninterrupted. Upon request, we can provide consulting (about library searches, research design, data analysis, and similar topics) as well as a critical-friend review of your manuscripts.
As Spring semester comes to a close, to help you make the most of the Summer months, we also host Seneca Days* - half-day sessions to help you articulate your writing goals, line up resources, and plan your time so that you can be as productive as possible while enjoying the summer's change of pace.
*These days are named after the Roman philosopher who wrote "If you don't know what port you are sailing for, no wind is favorable."
So take a look at the dates for this year's events, and plan ahead!
Writing Marathon - Dates for AY 2012-13
November 1, 2, & 5, 2012
January 14, 15, & 16, 2013
April 18, 19, & 22, 2013
Writing Marathon - Dates for AY 2013-14
Seneca Days - Dates for Spring 2013
May 20 & 21, 2013