With the generous support of an ACE-Sloan Faculty Career Flexibility award, the following list of resources will help members of the university community locate assistance and information pertaining to a variety of "family" topics.
- Leave information for prospective parents: FAQs on SJSU policies related to maternity/paternity/adoption leave
- Family Planning Resources for Prospective Parents: FAQs on adoption and infertility resources on the web
- Childcare Resources: FAQs on SJSU resources on childcare and links to parenting and childcare resources
- School-Age Child and Adolescent Resources: FAQs on SJSU policies related to leaves to care for family members and with links to school aged child care resources on the web including information on choosing a school, summer camps, English as a second language, and children with disabilities
- Eldercare Resources: FAQs on SJSU policies related to leaves to care for family members, SJSU resources on eldercare, and links to eldercare resources on the web
- Work Life Balance: FAQs on resources to balance work and family better including SJSU best practices, and tips on time management and stress reduction
- SJSU Family Matters Email List: There is an email distribution list on campus to build community and share information
amongst faculty and staff related to family friendly and work-life balance policies,
resources, and support. To join the email list,
- Go to Family Matters Email List web site
- Enter your email and name in the spaces provided.
- You should get a welcome message from the list. If you do not, check your "Junk Mail" folder to make sure you are not filtering out the list messages.