Using Technology for Learning and Teaching
- Calendar for Events and Workshops
- Fall 2013 New Faculty Orientation
- Resources for New Faculty Members
- Breakfast Club and Tea & Talk Programs
- Conducting and Publishing Research on Teaching and Learning
- Is My Document Accessible? [pdf]
- Are My Course Materials Accessible? [pdf]
- Accessible Syllabus Template [doc]
- Graduate Studies and Research
- Faculty Affairs
- Academic Technology
Every day brings new technology to the classroom. The key is figuring out how to harness the power and the options presented by those innovations in such a way that you can enhance your teaching. The Center offers many workshops, tutorials and resources to help you explore innovative educational technologies and to help you incorporate them into your classes in meaningful ways.
- SMART Board is a digital whiteboard that projects data from your computer and provides familiar functions such as, write, draw, annotate, copy and paste, save, etc.
- How to use the SMART Board
- SMART Board software download (Contact Help Desk for assistance for software download)| How to use the Notebook software |
Learning Management System (LMS)
A LMS is a learning and teaching platform where instructors and students interact and communicate online synchronously or asynchronously, access course contents, administer quizzes, conduct assessment, manage learning progress, etc.
- Canvas - online tutorials
- Desire2Learn - online tutorials
- Solutions for teaching with an iPad
- Solutions for teaching with smartphones
- Lesson and Resources for QR codes
Online Plagiarism Prevention and Student Writing Enhancement Tools
Technical Support at SJSU
- The University Help Desk is the centralized support center for faculty and students on university information, services, and technical support.
- The SJSU iSupport ticket system allows online submission of technical assistance requests.
Web-based Solutions - Social Network, Collaboration, Journal, etc.
- Glossary for social media tools
- Blog - online personal or group journals
- Podcast - compressed sound or video files for mobile devices
- Social network - posting information, opinions, discussions
- Web-based applications - impressive functions from web-based software that will free up your hard disk space and budge
- Wiki - web-based web site authoring tools for multiple editors to promote online collaborations
Blackboard Collaborate or Elluminate Live!
- Blackboard Collaborate, previously known as Elluminate Live! is a great tool for supplementing online learning and teaching, supporting in class activities, and one-on-one consultations. Elluminate Live is integrated with Desire2Learning the LMS currently.
- Introduction to Elluminate Live! in a recorded Elluminate Live! learning environment. | Online support materials for Elluminate Live! moderators | Free training webinars from Elluminate
WebEx at SJSU
- Skype | GoToMeeting
Wireless Computing - SJSUOne Account
- SJSUOne account for accessing the network for wireless computing on campus can be activated at any time.
- You can also use this account to access your SJSU email, LMS, WebEx, MySJSU, and many more applications from the SJSU Information Technology Services (ITS).
- Visit the Employees Apps page to see the variety of apps available.