Using Technology for Learning and Teaching
- Calendar for Events and Workshops
- Fall 2014 New Faculty Orientation
- Resources for New Faculty
- Accessible Course Materials
- Breakfast Club and Tea & Talk Programs
- Conducting and Publishing Research on Teaching and Learning
- Accessible Syllabus Template [doc]
- Graduate Studies and Research
- Faculty Affairs
- Academic Technology
Every day brings new technology to the classroom. The key is figuring out how to harness the power and the options presented by those innovations in such a way that you can enhance your teaching. The Center offers many workshops, tutorials and resources to help you explore innovative educational technologies and to help you incorporate them into your classes in meaningful ways.
| Online Tutorials |
Cloud Computing and Storage
- SMART Board is a digital whiteboard that projects data from your computer and provides familiar functions such as, write, draw, annotate, copy and paste, save, etc.
- How to use the SMART Board
- SMART Board software download (Contact Help Desk for assistance for software download)| How to use the Notebook software |
Learning Management System (LMS) - Canvas
A LMS is a learning and teaching platform where instructors and students interact and communicate online synchronously or asynchronously, access course contents, administer quizzes, conduct assessment, manage learning progress, etc.
Lecture Capturing Tools
Here is a variety of screen and audio capturing tools for you to consider putting your lectures online as linear video clips. Except Camtasia, many of the tools are free of charge for San Jose State.
Online Plagiarism Prevention and Student Writing Enhancement Tools
Technical Support at SJSU
The University Help Desk is the centralized support center for faculty and students on university information, services, and technical support.
The SJSU iSupport ticket system allows online submission of technical assistance requests.
Web-based Solutions - Social Network, Collaboration, Journal, etc.
- Glossary for social media tools
- Blog - online personal or group journals
- Podcast - compressed sound or video files for mobile devices
- Social network - posting information, opinions, discussions
- Web-based applications - impressive functions from web-based software that will free up your hard disk space and budge
- Wiki - web-based web site authoring tools for multiple editors to promote online collaborations
- Blackboard Collaborate is a great tool for supplementing online learning and teaching, supporting in class activities, and one-on-one consultations. It is integrated with Canvas for SJSU.
- Support for Blackboard Collaborate
- Skype | GoToMeeting
Wireless Computing - SJSUOne Account
- SJSUOne account for accessing the network for wireless computing on campus can be activated at any time.
- You can also use this account to access your SJSU email, LMS, WebEx, MySJSU, and many more applications from the SJSU Information Technology Services (ITS).
- Visit the Employees Apps page to see the variety of apps available.