CPGE coordinates and supports the internationalization of education at SJSU. This involves
hosting students and scholars from other parts of the world, sending students and
faculty abroad and extending SJSU's courses to overseas professionals, at home and
in other countries.
The Study Abroad and Away program has as part of its mission to internationalize the campus by providing SJSU students a chance to study abroad during the summer, offering opportunities for our international visitors to collaborate with SJSU students and faculty members, and providing a variety of custom designed courses in leadership and other specialized areas to international companies and universities.
- Faculty-Led Programs (FLP): Every summer San Jose State University students can study abroad with their instructors and earn college credit towards their degrees.
- International Delegation Visits: The program organizes visits for international delegations who wish to collaborate with or visit San Jose State University.
Custom Design Programs: The program offers custom designed programs for international schools and businesses to further their instruction in a particular area.
International Gateways has been offering academic and TOEFL preparation courses on the San Jose State University campus since 1975 to help international students develop the English skills necessary for admission to American colleges and universities.
ISSS fosters global understanding. It provides programs and services for overseas students and visitors, ISSS also provides semester and short-term study abroad programs.
- International Student Advising provides support services for international students and scholars on immigration advising.
- Study Abroad Programs at universities such as Queenland University of Technology in Australia, Okayama University in Japan and Chulalongkorn University in Thailand
- International House is a co-ed residence for 70 US and international students attending San Jose State University. The House is located within 5 minutes' walk of the SJSU campus