To schedule an advising appointment with a CoSAC advisor click on the "Book Now" button at the bottom of the page.
*** NOTE: please read the information below before proceeding to the online scheduling system to ensure you are contacting the correct advisor.
- CoS ADVISING HOLD REMOVAL - All students in the College of Science will have an advising hold placed on MySJSU each semester. You must contact your assigned advisor in order to have the hold removed and be cleared to register for classes. The following information will help you identify the advisor you need to contact.
- Biology -
All Biology majors who HAVE NOT yet completed Biol 1B and Chem 1B with a C or better (including Freshman, Remedial, and Transfers) should schedule an appointment with Gina Ciardella.
All Biology majors who have completed Biol 1B and Chem 1B and received a grade of C or better should contact your faculty advisor. Click here for the list of Biology faculty advisors.
Students currently declared a Biology major who are interested in changing their major out of Biology should meet with their new intended major advisor and provide signed proof of advising to the CoSAC front office in DH213. You will be contacted with more information once your College of Science Advising hold has been released.
If you are interested in declaring a Biology major, do not schedule an appointment, please click here for more information.
- Chemistry -If your major is Chemistry (all concentrations), and you HAVEN'T completed Chem 113A you will need to schedule an appointment with Dr. Bruce Keeler. If you have completed Chem 113A and received a grade of C or better, you should contact your faculty advisor. Click here for the list of Chemistry faculty advisors.
If you are interested in declaring a Chemistry major, do not schedule an appointment, please click here for more information.
- Chemistry Minor Advising- If you are a BS Biological Science major with a concentration in; Microbiology, Molecular, or Systems Physiology your minor occurs automatically and you do not need to declare the minor. You will need to complete the Chemistry Minor Form for Biological Sciences Major ONLY (http://www.sjsu.edu/chemistry/Forms/index.html). Please complete this form, attach your unofficial transcripts and submit the information to the CoSAC office in Duncan Hall 213. You do not need an appointment to obtain Dr. Keeler’s signature. When your Chemistry Minor form has been approved and signed Dr. Keeler will inform you by email and you will pick up your Chemistry Minor Form in the Biology Department office (Duncan Hall 254). All other majors must complete the appropriate Change of Major/Minor form depending if you are above or below 90 units (http://www.sjsu.edu/chemistry/Forms/index.html) and complete the Chemistry Minor Form for Non-Biological Sciences ONLY (http://www.sjsu.edu/chemistry/Forms/index.html). The requirements for the Chemistry Minor are outlined in the University Catalog (http://info.sjsu.edu/web-dbgen/catalog/departments/CHEM-section-4.html). If you need advisement with regard to Chemistry Minor course selection you should schedule an appointment with Dr. Keeler. If you have already decided on your Chemistry Minor courses an appointment is not required. Please complete both forms, attach your unofficial transcripts and submit the information to the CoSAC office in Duncan Hall 213. Dr. Keeler will contact you by email when your forms have been signed and approved.
- Computer Science - B.S. Computer Science Students who have not yet completed CS 146 with a grade of C- or better, or who seek advising about probation or disqualification should contact the College of Science Advising Center (COSAC). All other BSCS students should see the appropriate BSCS advisor
If you are interested in declaring a Computer Science major, do not schedule an appointment, please click here for more information.
- GE advising - For General Education advising please schedule an appointment with Debbie Goff.
- For advising for the following majors: Mathematics, Physics and Astronomy, Meteorology and Climate Science, Geology, please contact the major department office, or a faculty advisor. Click here of a list of CoS departments and their contact info.
If you feel you still need assistance, please call our College of Science Advising Center receptionist at 408-924-5193 or visit us in DH 213!
Powered by Appointment-Plus