Counseling Services staff is available to present on a wide variety of educational and personal topics to student organizations, classes, and residence halls members. For example, we provide faculty members easy on-campus access to guest speakers when the faculty member may have to be away from class or would like a guest speaker about a particular topic.
A sample of available topics include:
- Communication Skills
- Values Differences
- What Is a Healthy/Unhealthy Relationship?
- Intergenerational Differences
Health and Wellness
- Stress Management
- Body Image Issues, Eating Disorders, and/or How to Help a Friend
- Alcohol & Substance Abuse
- Balancing Multiple Identities/Roles in Your Relationships
- Respectful Communication
- Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual/Transgendered/Questioning Issues
- Managing Depression
- Time Management
If you are interested in our outreach services, please contact Ellen J. Lin, preferably at least two weeks in advance, at (408) 924-5910.