Welcome to the Engineering Extended Studies Department
Engineering Extended Studies (EES) Department at San Jose State University is the agile arm of the Charles W. Davidson College of Engineering. We support continuous learning in a climate of constant disruption.
We advance the mission of our College and our University by:
- Offering advanced degrees and certificates in innovative engineering and interdisciplinary fields.
- Building and nurturing relationships with Silicon Valley industry leaders.
- Bringing academia and industry together to collaborate on new programs emphasizing emerging technologies.
- Piloting new programs and acting as an incubator for highly demanded engineering disciplines and specializations.
KEY BENEFITS of our programs include:
- Outstanding Faculty: Industry practitioners and academic experts offer a balance of theoretical knowledge and practical experience
- Location, Location, Location: All courses are offered at sites in Silicon Valley located at or near high-tech employers. No need to commute to the SJSU campus!
- Convenient Schedules: Class schedules are designed for working professionals and motivated students who want to earn advanced degrees through accelerated programs. Classes typically meet in the evenings or on weekends.
- Affordable Education: San Jose State University offers an outstanding educational value and many local companies will pay partial or full tuition for employees who enroll in graduate degree programs.
- Easy Application Process: No GRE or Letters of Recommendation Required.