Announcements & Calendar
Graduate Studies and Research Calendar of Events and Deadlines
Graduate Equity Fellowship Application Now Available
The purpose of the Graduate Equity Fellowship is to encourage and assist students in their pursuit and completion of master's degrees and careers. This fellowship is available only to California resident students admitted and enrolled in a master's degree program. Credential-only candidates are not eligible. Under the Graduate Equity Fellowship Program, awards from $1,000 to $3,000 may be made to graduate students enrolled at SJSU for the Fall/Spring academic year in which the call for applications is announced. For more information see our Graduate Equity Fellowship webpage and application. Applications are due in the Office of Graduate Studies and Research no later than Friday, June 20, 2014.
MOSS LANDING MARINE LABS OPEN HOUSE!
Silicon Valley Center for Entrepreneurship's Speaker Series
You are cordially invited to the next event in the Silicon Valley Center for Entrepreneurship's
Speaker series this semester on Monday, APRIL 21, 6-7:30 pm in the Martin Luther King
Jr. Library, Room 225. The title of the session is "Making it happen: after the Business
Plan", brought to you by San José State University in collaboration with the City
of San José.
The speakers are: Michael Bayne, Co-founder, RotaMobility, Francisco Guerrero, Co-founder, ShopIntoit, Tracy Lee, Founder & CEO, Dishcrawl, Scott Marzano, Co-founder, Bioready, and Gadiel Morantes, Partner Early Growth Financial Services. All are SJSU alumni.
To register online, please visit: http://www.cob.sjsu.edu/svce/events/.
As always, the event is *FREE* and open to the public. Attendees will have an opportunity to receive final updates about the 2014 Silicon Valley Business Plan Competition, and get tips from Michael, Francisco, and Scott, who are prior winners of the Silicon Valley Business Plan Competition (in 2010, 2012, and 2013, respectively)
National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowships
1) Han-Ngoc Tran - Han is currently completing her first year of graduate school at UCSF. Han has a BS in Biological Sciences and she did research at SJSU with Dr. Lionel Cheruzel (Chem). Han was funded by the NSF Scholars in Science Program at SJSU.
2) Joy Franco - Joy will be graduating from SJSU in May with a degree in Electrical Engineering. Joy did research with Dr. Katherine Wilkinson (Bio). Joy is very much involved in the Society of Women Engineers and she was funded by MARC/RISE for research at SJSU. Joy will be attending Stanford for her PhD degree, where she will be combining engineering and neuroscience. Joy is also an LSAMP student (and possibly also in MEP?).
3) Farah Memon - Farah is currently completing her first year in the graduate biomedical engineering program at Stanford. Farah obtained her BS in Electrical Engineering and did research with Dr. Gilles Muller (Chem).
1) Brian Nguyen - Brian is about to complete his first year of graduate school at the University of Illinois in physical chemistry/chemical physics. Brian graduated from SJSU with a BS in Chemistry and did research with Dr. Gilles Muller (Chem). He was an LSAMP workshop facilitator for several years.
2) Andy Dang - Andy will graduate in May with a BS in Chemistry. Andy is research active with Dr. Joseph Pesek (Chem). He was funded by the NSF Scholars in Science Program at SJSU and is part of LSAMP. Andy will be attending the University of Washington for his PhD in Analytical Chemistry.
3) Heather Wright - Heather completed her BS in Chemistry in May of 2012 and is at UC Irvine doing her PhD. She performed research with Dr. Elaine Collins (Chem) while she was at SJSU.
4) Kirandeep Deol - Kiran will be completing her BS in Chemistry at SJSU in May 2012. She performed research with Dr. Gilles Muller (Chem). Kiran is in the MARC program and has worked as an LSAMP facilitator for four years. She will be attending the University of Wisconsin for her PhD.