Board of General Studies
The Board of General Studies (BOGS) is a committee that reports to Curriculum & Research Committee and to the Provost. The Board of General Studies:
- solicits courses and curricular proposals designed to satisfy General Education requirements from all colleges and departments of the University;
- reviews, approves, and authorizes courses and curricular proposals for purposes of General Education; and
- evaluates the courses and curricula it has approved.
- in consultation with deans and chairs, provides for and approves "challenge" mechanisms for Basic Skills requirements.
- the Board considers petitions from programs for relief from the fifty-one semester hour General Education requirement.
The Board of General Studies consist of eleven members:
seven teaching faculty (representing seven colleges),
the Associate Vice President for Graduate and Undergraduate Programs,
and the Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies (Curriculum).
- Policy on BOGS Membership(pdf)
2016-2017 Meeting Dates
Simon Rodan, Chair
Please submit any proposals to Graduate and Undergraduate Programs office (Adm 159) at least one week prior to BOGS meeting date(s).
Spring 2017- February 2, February 16; March 2, March 16*; April 13, April 27; May 11, May 18; 2-4pm, Clark 412
* Meets in a different location, please call GUP Office for location