Board of General Studies
The Board of General Studies (BOGS) is a committee that reports to Curriculum & Research Committee and to the Provost.
The Board of General Studies:
- solicits courses and curricular proposals designed to satisfy General Education requirements from all colleges and departments of the University;
- reviews, approves, and authorizes courses and curricular proposals for purposes of General Education; and
- evaluates the courses and curricula it has approved.
- in consultation with deans and chairs, provides for and approves "challenge" mechanisms for Basic Skills requirements.
- the Board considers petitions from programs for relief from the fifty-one semester hour General Education requirement.
- current and archive Meeting Minutes for BOGS (click link)
The Board of General Studies consist of eleven members:
- seven teaching faculty (representing seven colleges),
- two students,
- the Director of Assessment,
the Associate Vice President for Graduate and Undergraduate Programs,
and the Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies (Curriculum).
- Board of General Studies Membership (University Policy F15-13)
- List of current BOGS Members (click link)
Committee Meeting Dates:
Meeting Dates for Academic Year 2018-2019
Simon Rodan, Chair
- Fall 2018 - Location: ADM 144; Time: 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Thursday, August 23, 2018 Thursday, October 18, 2018
Thursday, September 6, 2018 Thursday, November 1, 2018
Thursday, September 20, 2018 Thursday, November 15, 2018
Thursday, October 4, 2018 Thursday, November 29, 2018
- Spring 2019 - Location: ADM 144; Time: 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Thursday, January 31, 2019 Thursday, March 28, 2019
Thursday, February 14, 2019 Thursday, April 11, 2019
Thursday, February 28, 2019 Thursday, April 25, 2019
Thursday, March 14, 2019 Thursday, May 9, 2019
Location and times are subject to change, please contact the Office of Graduate and Undergraduate Programs at 408-924-2447 for current location and times.