The online application period for Fall 2017 admission is from Oct 1, 2016 to Feb 1, 2017.
All supporting documents are due by Feb 20th, 2017.
(As of September 2016)
Dr. Louis Freund
The San Jose State University Human Factors and Ergonomics Master's Degree Program
is an interdisciplinary degree program that prepares students for practice in their
emerging profession through a course sequence that emphasizes theory,
practical applications, and research.
Human Factors/ Ergonomics students take a group of five core courses from several different San Jose State University departments and elective courses in topics of their choosing. The program culminates in a major project or thesis. Courses in this program are usually offered in the evening, allowing students to complete the program on a full or part-time basis.
Goals of This Web Site
- Describe San Jose State's Human Factors and Ergonomics Program to prospective students and family members.
- Provide critical information to current students concerning the HFE program. Provide links to useful program, school, and local area information.
- Provide contact information for the HFE program, SJSU.
- Offer information to assist HFE students in obtaining local employment and internship opportunities.
- Provide information concerning the culture of San Jose State, San Jose, and The Silicon Valley area.
- Provide information for students and others interested in joining the larger Human Factors and Ergonomics community.