Career Opportunities in Health Science
In Health Science courses and events, you will meet many people working in these fields. Use these opportunities to learn about the jobs, the training and preparation they needed, and their sense of what skills and experiences are needed for the jobs of the future. Our alumni and friends are always willing to answer your questions!
Click here to see what some of our recent graduates are doing now.
Also stay connected to the SJSU Career Center for information, job leads, career fairs, and many very helpful services.
A Health Science degree provides the foundation for a wide variety of career opportunities, including:
- Community Health Specialist
- Health Administrator
- Health Communications Specialist
- Health Educator
- Health Information Technology Specialist
- Aging Services Program Director
- Public Health Preparedness
- Biotech Research and Development Specialist
- Public Health Program Officer
- International Health Worker
- Behavioral Scientist
- Long Term Care Administrator
- Training Coordinator
- Health Media Director
- Long Term Care Facilities Manager
- Pharmaceutical Sales
- Community Organizer
- Social Marketing Designer
A Health Science degree can also lead to graduate study in the clinical health professions (physician, nurse, physician assistant, dentist) as well as law, education, business, journalism, and public health.