Why Choose a Career in Recreation
Want a career where you will make a difference in people’s lives? Our nationally accredited Recreation Management program is the place for you! Explore courses related to parks, Recreation management, non-profit and youth serving agencies, special event management, and for-profit recreation enterprises. Additionally our outstanding recreation therapy concentration meets national and state certification requirements. Both specialty areas require a culminating internship experiencer where students will work full-time between 480 and 560 hours depending on the concentration chosen. This industry- recreation – is projected to grow 17-19% over the next seven years.
What career opportunities are available to recreation majors?
- Community Recreation / Municipal Recreation
- Event Management – Festivals and Special Events
- Parks and Outdoor Recreation Management
- Tourism Management
- Cultural and Heritage Tourism
- Eco-tourism Campus Recreation and Student Programs
- Recreation in Sports and Sporting Venues
- Nonprofit and Volunteer Management
- Youth Services