- Chandrakant Patel, SJSU MSME alum and Hewlett Packard Senior Fellow and Chief Engineer, has been elected to the National Academy of Engineering. This is one of the highest professional honors awarded to an engineer.
- Check out the Spartan Superway in the news!
- ME students Sean McMurphy and Bryne Jocson took first and second place at the regional ASME oral competition in March 2018.
ME graduate student Vijay Lalith Cuppola was a finalist in the Spring 2018 SJSU Student Research Competition and represented SJSU at the 32nd Annual CSU Student Research Competition in May 2018.
- SJSU senior design students Wilton Chang, Matthew Le, Aditya Mairal, Austin Stevenson, and Suraj Thapa won the Design Calculations competition run by ASHRAE in Spring 2017.
- The Spartan Hyperloop team qualified for the SpaceX 2018 Hyperloop Pod Competition, beating out over 100 teams.
- news archives
Welcome to the Mechanical Engineering Department at San Jose State University! We offer an ABET-accredited Bachelor of Science (BS ME) and a Master of Science (MS ME) in mechanical engineering. Our hands-on curriculum and projects give students the best opportunity to learn and interact with our faculty. Our graduates work in many diverse industries in the Silicon Valley, including aerospace, medical devices and biotechnology, telecommunications, semiconductor manufacturing and equipment, power generation, and product design. Read more about ME
Who Should Apply
Do you like to draw and design things? Are you good at math and science? Have you ever wondered how the engine in your car works, or how products are designed, or how robotics are controlled? If so, you should consider an undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering.
If you already hold an undergraduate degree, and you want to take your knowledge to the next level, take a look at our Master of Science degree program. Our graduate program caters to working professionals with evening classes and a practical, project-based curriculum.