- (7/30/14) Lecturer Jim Mokri publishes in Solar Industry Magazine
- (5/21/14) Spartan Superway Model at Makers Fair
- (4/29/14) ME/EE Students travel to NASA for Reduced Gravity Program
- ANSYS webinars tutorials are currently available through customer/student portal
- First day of Instruction Thursday 1/22/15.
- Last day to ADD Tuesday 2/10/15.
- Last day to DROP Tuesday 2/3/15.
Welcome to the Mechanical Engineering Department at San Jose State University! We offer an ABET-accredited Bachelor of Science (BS ME) and a Master of Science (MS ME) in mechanical engineering. Our hands-on curriculum and projects give students the best opportunity to learn and interact with our faculty. Our graduates work in many diverse industries in the Silicon Valley, including aerospace, medical devices and biotechnology, telecommunications, semiconductor manufacturing and equipment, power generation, and product design. read more about ME
Who Should Apply
Do you like to draw and design things? Are you good at math and science? Have you ever wondered how the engine in your car works, or how products are designed, or how robotics are controlled? If so, you should consider an undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering.
If you already hold an undergraduate degree, and you want to take your knowledge to the next level, take a look at our Master of Science degree program. Our graduate program caters to working professionals with evening classes and a practical, project-based curriculum. See a listing of past MS projects and theses.