- Mark Pasquale, VP and General Manager of Special Programs at Lockheed Martin Space, was elected to the Silicon Valley Engineering Council Hall of Fame. Mr. Pasquale is a 1984 BSME alum and member of our Department Advisory Council.
- Congrats to Xuwen Mao, Atharv Datye, Shivam Singh, Vincent Souza, and advisor Dr. Zaidi. All four had papers accepted for the 2019 National Conference on Undergraduate Research. Only about 10% of submissions were accepted.
- Chandrakant Patel, SJSU MSME alum and Hewlett Packard Senior Fellow and Chief Engineer, has been elected to the National Academy of Engineering. This is one of the highest professional honors awarded to an engineer.
- Check out the Spartan Superway in the news!
- ME students Sean McMurphy and Bryne Jocson took first and second place at the regional ASME oral competition in March 2018.
Welcome to the Mechanical Engineering Department at San Jose State University! We offer an ABET-accredited Bachelor of Science (BS ME) and a Master of Science (MS ME) in mechanical engineering. Our hands-on curriculum and projects give students the best opportunity to learn and interact with our faculty. Our graduates work in many diverse industries in the Silicon Valley, including aerospace, medical devices and biotechnology, telecommunications, semiconductor manufacturing and equipment, power generation, and product design. Read more about ME
Who Should Apply
Do you like to draw and design things? Are you good at math and science? Have you ever wondered how the engine in your car works, or how products are designed, or how robotics are controlled? If so, you should consider an undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering.
If you already hold an undergraduate degree, and you want to take your knowledge to the next level, take a look at our Master of Science degree program. Our graduate program caters to working professionals with evening classes and a practical, project-based curriculum.
- May 9, 6:00-8:30 pm -- Joint senior design/alumni event. We’ll have hors-d'oeuvres and drinks, and some 2019 senior design students will be showing off their prototypes. Student Union rooms 1a/1b. RSVP via https://forms.gle/DUjSsZLWPuUmhEtF6
- Undergraduate Graduation Paperwork Submission -- Get this in ASAP if you plan to graduate in Fall 2019. Click here to get started on paperwork.
- Graduate Student Graduation Paperwork Submission
- Spring Graduation Date -- Friday May 24 at 3:30 pm in Avaya Stadium