Whether nervous or excited, there are a lot of details when starting college for the first time. To help with this transition, we offer Sparta Camp! A two-day orientation program to get you off to a great start, provide important information, and connect you to students, faculty, and staff.
All admitted students must attend one Sparta Camp session, and stay for the duration of the entire program, which will run for two days. Plan to arrive on Day 1 by 9:30am and the official program ends at 12pm on Day 2. There will be extended orientation sessions (optional) until 5pm.
If you do not attend, or if you leave during any portion of the event, you will be blocked from registering for classes and will not be able to attend the program.
2019 Sparta Camp Session Dates
- Session 1: Tuesday & Wednesday, June 18 & 19, 2019
- Session 2: Tuesday & Wednesday, June 25 & 26, 2019
- Session 3: Tuesday & Wednesday, July 9 & 10, 2019
- Session 4: Friday & Saturday, July 12 & 13, 2019
- Session 5: Tuesday & Wednesday, July 16 & 17, 2019
- Session 6: Tuesday & Wednesday, July 23 & 24, 2019
- Session 7: Tuesday & Wednesday, July 30 & 31, 2019
Changing your Session
You can access the Spartan Camp schedule HERE.
Changing your Session
You may change your session in your NextSteps portal. Unfortunately, AFTER the May 1 Deadline, we will be unable to accommodate changes to Sparta Camp sessions. If you have an emergency, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before Attending Sparta Camp
- Complete the Reflection on College Writing Assignment on your Canvas page
- Complete Spartan Link Online Orientation
- Review your confirmation letter sent one (1) week prior to your Sparta Camp session
- Print out your Next Steps Reservation Receipt
- Attend Sparta Camp!
- Complete online Title IX training courses.
What to Expect at Sparta Camp
- Discussion and explanation of key university services.
- Reviewing what’s next before you start classes.
- Help in planning your academic schedule.
- A General Education advising workshop.
- Explanation of general education requirements and preparation for the Writing Skills Test.
You will receive a confirmation letter one week prior to your session with more information and a parking permit code. Please be on the look out for this email.
Parents and family members are also encouraged to attend orientation. There will be sessions specifically designed with their needs and questions in mind. Please visit our Parent & Family Orientation page for more information.