Whether nervous or excited, there are a lot of details when starting college for the first time. To help with this transition, we offer a one-day orientation program to get you off to a great start, provide important information, and connect you to students, faculty, and staff.
All admitted students must attend one orientation session, and stay for the duration of the entire program, which will run from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
If you do not attend, or if you leave during any portion of the event, you will be blocked from registering for classes and will not be able to attend the program.
2018 Frosh Orientation Dates
- Session 1: Tuesday, June 26
- Session 2: Thursday, June 28
- Session 3: Tuesday, July 10
- Session 4: Thursday, July 12
- Session 5: Tuesday, July 17
- Session 6: Thursday, July 19
- Session 7: Tuesday, July 24
- Session 8: Saturday, July 28 (Parent/Family session offered in both English & Spanish)
- Session 9: Tuesday, July 31
- Session 10: Thursday, August 2 (Parent/Family session offered in both English & Spanish)
- Session 11: Tuesday, August 7
Changing your Session
Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate changes to orientation sessions. If you have an emergency, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before Attending Orientation
- Complete the Reflection on College Writing Assignment on your Canvas page
- Complete Spartan Link Online Orientation
- Submit an approved photo online one week prior to your session for your Tower ID card
- Review your confirmation letter send one (1) week prior to your orientation session
- Print out your parking permit (found in confirmation letter from #3)
- Print out your Next Steps Reservation Receipt
- Attend On Campus Orientation!
What to Expect at Orientation
- Discussion and explaination of key university services.
- Reviewing what’s next before you start classes.
- Help in planning your academic schedule.
- A General Education advising workshop.
- Explaination of general education requirements and preparation for the Writing Skills Test.
You will receive a confirmation letter one week prior to your session with more information and a parking permit. Please be on the look out for this email. You can also view our Frosh Orientation Schedule prior to your session.
Parents and family members are also encouraged to attend orientation. There will be sessions specifically designed with their needs and questions in mind. Please visit our Parent & Family Orientation page for more information.
If you are attending one of our August sessions and are searching for lodging options, please visit the Fairmont San Jose for special rates!