Whether nervous or excited, there are a lot of details when starting college for the first time. To help with this transition, we offer a one-day orientation program to get you off to a great start, provide important information, and connect you to students, faculty, and staff.
All admitted students must attend one orientation session, and stay for the duration of the entire program, which will run from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
If you do not attend, or if you leave during any portion of the event, you will be blocked from registering for classes and will not be able to attend the program.
Spring 2019 Session Date
- Spring Session: Friday, January 18th
- Click HERE for program agenda
Changing your Session
Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate changes to orientation sessions. If you have an emergency, please contact us at email@example.com.
Before Attending Orientation
- Complete the Reflection on College Writing Assignment on your Canvas page
- Complete Spartan Link Online Orientation
- Review your confirmation letter sent one (1) week prior to your orientation session
- Print out your parking permit (found in confirmation letter paragraph #3)
- Print out your Next Steps Reservation Receipt
- Attend On Campus Orientation!
- Complete online Title IX training courses. Courses available beginning Jan 2nd, 2019
What to Expect at Orientation
- Discussion and explanation of key university services.
- Reviewing what’s next before you start classes.
- Help in planning your academic schedule.
- A General Education advising workshop.
- Explanation of general education requirements and preparation for the Writing Skills Test.
You will receive a confirmation letter one week prior to your session with more information and a parking permit. Please be on the look out for this email.
Parents and family members are also encouraged to attend orientation. There will be sessions specifically designed with their needs and questions in mind. Please visit our Parent & Family Orientation page for more information.