Spring 2020 Orientation is a mandatory one-day program that runs from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
If you do not attend, or if you leave during any portion of the event, you will be blocked from registering for classes and will not be able to attend SJSU in Spring 2020. Students who arrive late will NOT be allowed to attend the program.
You will be sent a confirmation letter to your MySJSU portal with check-in information and parking details one (1) week prior to orientation.
2020 Spring Orientation Date
- Friday, January 17, 2020
Before Attending Spring Orientation
- Complete Spartan Link Online Orientation
- Sign up to take the Writing Skills Test
- Review your confirmation letter sent to your MySJSU portal one (1) week prior to orientation
- Print out your Next Steps Reservation Receipt
- Attend the on campus orientation!
What to Expect at Orientation
- Discussion and explanation of key university services.
- Reviewing what's next before you start classes.
- Help in planning your academic schedule.
- A General Education advising workshop.
- Explanation of major requirements and preparation for the Writing Skills Test.