Spartan Experience for Transfers (SET) is a mandatory one-day program that runs from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
If you do not attend, or if you leave during any portion of the event, you will be blocked from registering for classes and will not be able to attend SJSU in Fall 2019. Students who arrive late will NOT be allowed to attend the program.
You will be sent a confirmation letter with check-in information and parking details one week prior to your session.
2019 SET Session Dates
- Session 1: Friday, June 14, 2019
- Session 2: Friday, June 21, 2019
- Session 3: Friday, June 28, 2019
- Session 4: Friday, July 19, 2019
- Session 5: Friday, July 26, 2019
- Session 6: Friday, August 2, 2019
- Session 7: Tuesday, August 6, 2019
- Session 8: Friday, August 9, 2019
SET Orientation Schedule
Access the SET Orientation Schedule HERE.
Changing your SET Session
You may change your session in your NextSteps portal. Unfortunately, AFTER the May 1 Deadline, we will be unable to accommodate changes to orientation sessions. If you have an emergency, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before Attending Spartan Experience for Transfers
- Complete Spartan Link Online Orientation
- Sign up to take the Writing Skills Test
- Review your confirmation letter send one (1) week prior to your SET session
- Print out yourNext Steps Reservation Receipt
- Attend SET , the on campus orientation!
What to Expect at SET
- Discussion and explanation of key university services.
- Reviewing what's next before you start classes.
- Help in planning your academic schedule.
- A General Education advising workshop.
- Explanation of major requirements and preparation for the Writing Skills Test.