As part of the University Police Department, we provide the following services to the campus community:
- Courtesy Motorist Assistance
- Park & Ride Courtesy Shuttle
- Safety Escort to Your Car
- Parking Enforcement
- Special Event Parking
- Student, Employee & Visitor Parking Permits
Upcoming Parking Impacts
Parking availability will be impacted during the following dates and times:
- 7th Street Plaza (and passenger loading/unloading zones) will be removed as during the construction of the Student Recreation and Aquatic Center project.
- Vehicles are encouraged to utilize the existing on-street white and yellow loading/unloading
zones that are located on the campus side of perimeter streets:
- Southbound 4th St
- Southbound 10th St
- Eastbound San Fernando St
- Westbound San Salvador St between 9th & 10th Sts
- When available loading/unloading zones are full, please park in the North, South,
or West Garages to load/unload passengers. Do not load/unload from any parking aisleway or double-park at any time.
2016 Fall Semester Parking Permits
- Student Parking Permits: 2017 Winter session parking permits are available for purchase starting December 5, 2017 and Spring 2017 Semester parking permits are available for purchase starting December 15, 2016 through SJSU Parking Services Online and at the Bursar's office. Some parking permits are also sold in-person at the Parking Services offices. Click for a listing of available permits and sales locations.
- Employee Parking Permits: Most 2017 Annual and Spring Semester parking permits are available for purchase starting December 15, 2016 through SJSU Parking Services Online; Annual and multi-year parking permits are also sold in-person at the Parking Services office; Employees currently on a pre-tax payroll deduction parking plan may pick up their new annual parking permit or multi-year parking permit at the Parking Services office. Click for a listing of available permits and sales locations.
Being in an urban environment, the amount of space dedicated to parking is limited. During peak periods, finding a parking space on the main campus can be difficult.