As part of the University Police Department, we provide the following services to the campus community:
- Courtesy Motorist Assistance
- Park & Ride Courtesy Shuttle
- Safety Escort to Your Car
- Parking Enforcement
- Special Event Parking
- Student, Employee & Visitor Parking Permits
Upcoming Parking Impacts
Parking availability will be impacted during the following dates and times:
- Lot 8 Closure: Campus Village II construction will require Lot 8 to be closed in its entirety beginning Monday 7/12/16 through Friday 8/12/16. Alternative parking is available in the North, South, and West Garages.
- Sewer Line Construction beginning Friday 4/8/16: A new sewer line will be constructed along 7th Street Plaza in front of the South Garage between Paseo de San Carlos and San Salvador St. South Garage will remain open during the construction work. Vehicles parking in Sections 1A through 1F (e.g., Employee, Disabled, Special ‘O’, Clinic, Employee Carpool, ‘R’, ‘G’, and Vendor spaces) will be subject to an exit detour (indicated by posted signs).
- 7th Street Plaza (and passenger loading/unloading zones) will be subject to intermittent access, which will be communicated through on-site construction staff and/or the posting of signs.
- Vehicles are encouraged to utilize the existing on-street white and yellow loading/unloading
zones that are located on the campus side of perimeter streets:
- Southbound 4th St
- Southbound 10th St
- Eastbound San Fernando St
- Westbound San Salvador St between 9th & 10th Sts
- When available loading/unloading zones are full, please park in the North, South,
or West Garages to load/unload passengers. Do not load/unload from any parking aisleway or double-park at any time.
- Student Parking Permits: 2016 Summer Session I & Session II parking permits are available for purchase starting May 15, 2016 and Session III parking permits are available for purchase starting July 1, 2016 through SJSU Parking Services Online and at the Bursar's office. Summer Housing parking permits are sold in-person at the Parking Services offices. Click for a listing of available permits and sales locations.
- Employee Parking Permits: Summer Session parking permits for employees may be purchased from the Parking Services office. Starting June 15, 2016: 2016/2017 Annual parking permits are available for purchase through SJSU Parking Services Online; Annual and new multi-year parking permits are also sold in-person at the Parking Services office; Employees currently on a pre-tax payroll deduction parking plan may pick up their new annual parking permit or multi-year parking permit at the Parking Services office. Click for a listing of available permits and sales locations.
2016 Fall Semester Parking Permits
Employee/Student Fall 2016 parking permits will be made available for purchase online starting August 1, 2016.
Being in an urban environment, the amount of space dedicated to parking is limited. During peak periods, finding a parking space on the main campus can be difficult.