As part of the University Police Department, we provide the following services to the campus community:
- Courtesy Motorist Assistance
- Park & Ride Courtesy Shuttle
- Safety Escort to Your Car
- Parking Enforcement
- Special Event Parking
- Student, Employee & Visitor Parking Permits
Upcoming Parking Impacts
Parking availability will be impacted during the following dates and times:
- 7th Street Plaza (and passenger loading/unloading zones) will be removed as during the construction of the Student Recreation and Aquatic Center project.
- Vehicles are encouraged to utilize the existing on-street white and yellow loading/unloading
zones that are located on the campus side of perimeter streets:
- Southbound 4th St
- Southbound 10th St
- Eastbound San Fernando St
- Westbound San Salvador St between 9th & 10th Sts
- When available loading/unloading zones are full, please park in the North, South,
or West Garages to load/unload passengers. Do not load/unload from any parking aisleway or double-park at any time.
Spring 2018 Parking Permits
- Student Parking Permits:
- Student Spring Park & Ride permits have sold out online. Students may purchase the Student Spring Park & Ride permits at the Bursar's office or Parking Services Office.
- Student Housing permits have sold out at the Bursar's office. Students may purchase the Student Housing permits online.
- Employee Parking Permits: 2017/2018 Annual parking permits are available for purchase Starting June 15, 2017 and 2018 Spring Semester parking permits are available for purchase starting December 15, 2017 through SJSU Parking Services Online; Annual and new multi-year parking permits are also sold in-person at the Parking Services office; Employees currently on a pre-tax payroll deduction parking plan may pick up their new annual parking permit or multi-year parking permit at the Parking Services office. Click for a listing of available permits and sales locations.
Being in an urban environment, the amount of space dedicated to parking is limited. During peak periods, finding a parking space on the main campus can be difficult.