Order Official Transcripts Online (Preferred and Quickest Method)
SJSU has partnered with Credentials, Inc. to provide a secure and easy to use online transcript ordering solution. This online request service will allow students and alumni:
- Access to request official transcripts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Automatic e-mail and text messaging communication
- Online order status checking
- Automatic email or text message when order is completed
- Faster processing time of 3-5 business days
Please visit Credentials, Inc. to submit your request for official transcripts. Credentials, Inc. will assess a service charge of $1.75 per transcript.
- Spring 2013 grades HAVE NOT posted to transcripts. If you want your transcript to reflect final grades for the Spring 2013 term, you MUST select "Hold for Spring Grades" on the Basic Order Information screen. If you do not select "Hold for Spring Grades" your transcripts may be sent without Spring 2013 grade information.
- Transcript processingwill be unavailable beginning at 4:00 PM on May 24th through June 5th while our office processes Spring 2013 grade posting. Transcript processing will resume Thursday, June 6th, 2013. (Grades for Spring 2013 will be viewable at MySJSU on May 25, 2013. Spring 2013 grades and academic standing will be finalized and available on transcripts June 6, 2013.)
Order Official Transcriptsby
To request transcripts by mail, write a letter requesting your transcripts and note the following:
- Type or print legibly the address(es) where you would like transcript(s) mailed.
- Requests submitted by mail may take up to 3-4 weeks to process.
- Transcript requests will be returned if you owe any financial or administrative obligation to the university.
Your letter should include the following information:
- Full name
- Any and all previous names
- SJSU ID number or Social Security Number
- Date of birth
- Current address and phone number
- Email address
- Dates of attendance
- Indicate if you are waiting for information to post (final grades or degree posting) before mailing transcript
- Date degree received
- Type of degree received
- Complete address of where to mail transcript(s)
- Full signature and date
Mail your written request to:
San José State University
Office of the Registrar
One Washington Square
San José, CA 95192-0009
2) Come to Campus and Use our Lobby Computers
Students and alumni are welcome to visit the Registrar's Office and use the lobby computers to submit online transcripts request through Credentials, Inc. The Registrar's Office is located in the Student Services Center and is open Monday-Thursday, 8:15am-4:45pm, and Friday, 9:00am-4:30pm. The office is closed on weekends and holidays.
If you opt not to submit your request online, you must submit a letter of request with the same information required for mailed in requests.
At this time, San Jose State University does not charge a fee for transcripts. However, a service charge of $1.75 per transcript will be assessed by Credentials, Inc. for online orders.
Transcript Processing Time and Delivery
Rush service is NOT available. Please allow 3-5 business days to process online transcript orders. Requests submitted by mail or in person may take up to 3-4 weeks to process. Additional processing time may be required based on the work load, the operational needs of the office, and/or the time during the semester the request is made (e.g. start or end of term, send after grade or degree posting). Additional processing time may also be necessary for records with attendance prior to January 1991.
Processing time is the amount of time to process the request and does not include the mailing time. Processing time is business days only and excludes holidays and campus closures.
Transcripts are delivered by U.S. Postal Service, first class mail.
If there is any financial hold or administrative obligation on your student records, it must be cleared with the department that placed the hold before transcripts can be processed. Holds may be placed on your student records by other campus departments for various reasons (e.g. fees, books, equipment or documents).
Transcript Order Status
If you have questions regarding the status of an online transcript request, please contact Credential's Inc. at 847-716-3005.
Transcripts are a complete record of all courses and/or degrees completed at San Jose State University. Transcripts do not include course work completed at other institutions. Only the transferable units are reflected on transcripts under “Transfer Credit”. Transcripts from high schools or other colleges cannot be duplicated. You must apply directly to each school for copies of their transcripts.
For students who have undergraduate and post-baccalaureate or graduate course work, please be aware that it is not possible to separate undergraduate course work from the post-baccalaureate or graduate course work. All careers will appear on the transcript as it is considered one official record.
Transcript requests will not be accepted by fax or e-mail.
We do not accept requests for unofficial transcripts. Unofficial transcripts can be obtained through your Student Center page on the MySJSU portal (current and newly graduated students only). For user ID and password, please go to My Password/Sign In Help. You will receive a reply as soon as possible - usually within 2 business days.