Reduce Your Risk of Theft
Download the Lock It or Lose It (pdf) brochure by UPD and Associated Student's Transportation Solutions for tips on securing your bicycle.
- Approximately 5 bicycles are reported stolen every month at San Jose State University.
- Mountain Bikes are the most commonly reported bikes stolen.
- About half of these bikes reported stolen were locked with either cable locks or chain
- Bikes locked with U-Locks are less likely to be stolen.
- Bike thieves use bolt cutters capable of cutting cable locks and chain locks in a
matter of seconds.