To pay your additional health service fee visit Student Health Center Online Payments
SJSU Mandatory Health Fee
Within a given term, payment of the Mandatory Health Fee (MHF) allows students unlimited visits to the Student Health Center (SHC).
There is no charge for basic services at the Student Health Center for currently enrolled students. San Jose State University student fees include a health fee that pays for the basic services provided. Some additional services (some lab tests, immunizations, procedures and specialty visits) require a nominal fee. Call (408)924-6122 for fee information. (Fees for most frequently requested services.)
Open University, Continuing Education, Master's Thesis, and Studies in American Language (SAL)
Individuals registered through programs such as Open University, Continuing Education, Master's Thesis, and Studies in American Language (SAL) do not pay the MHF. These students may access SHC services during any school term/session/intercession by paying $25/visit (plus the same augmented or specialty service fees that are paid by students who pay the MHF).
Continuing Students and Graduates
In order to provide access to SHC services for continuing students and graduates during the term breaks (summer and intercession/winter sessions), the following fee schedule applies:
- No charge for summer session students who have paid the MHF.
- $25/visit fee for continuing students up to the summer's MHF. Continuing students are those who were enrolled in the immediately preceding spring term and will be enrolled for the immediately succeeding fall term, but are not enrolled for the summer.
- $25/visit fee for May graduates (only through the end of the summer session) up to the summer's MHF.
- Additional fees for augmented services (e.g., Physical Therapy, elective physical exams, immunizations, allergy shots) would apply.
- No charge for winter session students, continuing students (those enrolled in the immediately preceding fall term and the immediately succeeding spring term) or December graduates (only through the end of the winter session).
- Fees for augmented services (e.g. physical therapy, elective physical exams, immunizations, allergy shots) would apply.
Health insurance is not required for a visit at the Health Center. However, since there is no overnight, weekend, or long-term medical care provided by the Health Center, health insurance may be needed for outside hospitalization, special tests, and specialty care that are not available at the Health Center. Those who do not have health insurance, through parents or an employer, must have insurance by 2014. (Health Insurance)