Jennifer Waldrop MPH, RD, is the SJSU Campus Nutritionist who works with students one-on-one to inspire and motivate healthier eating habits. Healthy eating can improve how you look & feel, your academic performance, and more!
Nutritional counseling topics
Healthy eating strategies
- Fast meal ideas
- Snacking for satisfaction
- Increasing energy and focus through foods
- Eating well on campus
- Portion size- what is right for you?
- Discussion of popular diets
- Analysis of food intake
- Safe supplement use
Management of diabetes, high cholesterol and high blood pressure
Digestive problems such as irritable bowel syndrome
Vegetarian and vegan meal planning
Eating Disorder Treatment Team
Nutritional counseling is a component of the eating disorder treatment team, a collaboration between the Student Health Center and Counseling Services. If you are concerned about yourself or a friend, please let them know that FREE and confidential appointments are available.
Signs and symptoms of disordered eating and eating disorders:
- Meal skipping or refusing to eat when hungry
- Two missed periods and weight loss
- Eating beyond the point of fullness while feeling out of control
- Using diet pills, vomiting, exercising, or laxatives to “get rid of calories”
- Sudden and drastic changes in diet
- Going to the restroom immediately after eating and/or multiple showers per day
Call 924.6122 to schedule a nutrition consult. For nutrition questions, please call or email Jennifer Waldrop at firstname.lastname@example.org or 408-924-6118.