Alcohol, Marijuana and Other Drugs
Objective: To promote responsible choices about alcohol through individual counseling and outreach events (presentations, programs, displays, referrals and distributing resources).
Alcohol Counseling consists of a 30-minute confidential appointment. Please call (408) 924-6122 to make an appointment. You can also email Wellness & Health Promotion Coordinator, Liz Romero (email@example.com ), if you have questions about alcohol topics:
- Alcohol use on the body
- Effects of alcohol use during pregnancy
- Effects of alcohol use on academic performance
- Responsible choices
- Responsible Drinking/ Safe Partying
Marijuana and Other Drugs Counseling:
Marijuana and Other Drugs Counseling consists of a 30-minute confidential appointment. Please call (408) 924-6122 to make an appoinment. You can also email Wellness & Health Promotion Coordinator, Jennifer Gacutan-Galang (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you have questions about marijuana and other drugs topics.
- Drug use on the body
- Effects and risks of club drugs
- Effects of drug use on academic performance
- Health effects of steriods and other performance enhancing drugs
- Marijuana use
Alcohol, Marijuana and Other Drugs Presentations and Programs
Presentations and programs are available for the SJSU campus community. Please see our Presentation Topics/Workshop Request Form to see topics and make a request.
Alcohol, Marijuana and Other Drugs Resources:
- Party with a Plan
- The Use and Abuse of Alcohol and Other Drugs Policy
- National Institute On Alcohol Abuse And Alcoholism
- The Century Council
- Go Ask Alice
- Mocktail Recipes
- San Jose Police Department
If you are interested in making a tobacco cessation appointment at the Student Health Center, please call (408) 924-6143. If you have questions regarding tobacco cessation, you may also email QuitTobaccoSJSU@gmail.com.