SJSU STUDENT HEALTH CENTER
The entire SJSU Student Health Center staff is dedicated to providing health care services with constant attention to the following:
Patient Bill of Rights:
- To be treated with respect, consideration and dignity.
- To be given privacy during discussion, examination and treatment.
- To have all communications and records pertaining to your health care be kept confidential.
- To be provided information concerning your diagnosis and treatment.
- To approve or refuse the release of information regarding your health care.
- To receive reasonable continuity of care and know the names and the titles of those participating in your health care.
- To refuse treatment at any time.
- To be informed of Student Health Center's policies regarding your rights and responsibilities, and availability of service.
- To use the Student Health Center process to effectively express concerns and suggestions about the clinic.
- To refuse to participate in research.
- To present accurate identifying information.
- To arrive on time for appointments and to cancel appointments ahead of time so that other patients may utilize that time.
- To know the name of your health care professional.
- To present details of illness of complaint accurately to assure your proper evaluation and treatment.
- To cooperate responsibly with all persons involved in the health care process.
- To ask for clarification whenever information or instructions are not understood.
- To participate fully in your health care.
- To pay for services received.
- To behave appropriately and in conformity with San Jose State University's Student Code of Conduct. (Behavior not consistent with the Student Code of Conduct can result in referral to other university offices.)
- To provide, if possible, a responsible adult to transport you from the Student Health Center and remain with you for 24 hours, if required by your provider.