What is SJSU Treat Yourself Well ?
SJSU Treat Yourself Well is a San José State University campus-wide initiative focused on student health, the eight dimensions of wellness, and the environmental supports necessary for a healthy and thriving community. Kicking off in Fall 2017, this is a multi-year, collaborative effort dedicated to adopting new and supporting existing health promotion principles and practices throughout the entire SJSU campus.
San José State University has joined nearly 50 other colleges and universities in the U.S. and Canada by taking the Healthy Campus 2020 Pledge. We are the first in the CSU system and our region to take the official pledge, presenting an opportunity to provide leadership in moving other college campuses toward better health.
“Health and wellness are top-of-mind issues for our campus. With Healthy Campus 2020, SJSU joins a growing cohort of colleges and universities nationally in a movement aimed at supporting better health among students, faculty and staff members. The national affiliation provides to us a broad strategy and practical framework for developing wellness programs uniquely suited to our community’s interests and needs.”
- SJSU President Mary Papazian
Commitments of the Healthy Campus Framework:
- Student Success
- Health Promotion
We have adopted the slogan “SJSU Treat Yourself Well” to help promote the Healthy Campus 2020 initiative.
With your help, San José State University will be known as a campus and community in which people thrive!
Why Healthy Campus 2020?
Healthy Campus 2020 will help San José State University to:
- Promote quality of life, healthy development, and positive health behaviors that support student success and well-being
- Better understand and address the social and behavioral determinants of student health
- Create social and physical environments that promote good health for all
- Stimulate, coordinate, and strengthen health-related programs and services on campus, including common evaluation metrics
- Extend our culture of assessment to include the impact of our health-related places, spaces, policies, and programs
- Provide leadership in college health and community health promotion in the region and beyond
News & Events
President Mary A. Papazian delivered
the 2017 Fall Welcome Address to
the university community at noon
Aug. 24 in the Diaz Compean Student Union Ballroom.
President Papazian’s September Blog
Each fall our campus brims with a sense
of optimism, energy and hope, energized by the presence of thousands of new students—more than 11,000 this year...