You may be abusing your partner, if you ...
- Believe it is a man's job to be in charge of women
- Have difficulty expressing feelings
- Try to control your partner's behavior
- Have broken things or thrown things at your partner
- Hit, shoved or kicked your partner
- Are very jealous
- Have an explosive temper
- Drink heavily or use drugs
- Criticize and put down your partner a lot
- Feel contempt and anger toward women
There is help available!
- If you are a member of the SJSU community, you can contact
our Counseling Services department 408-924-5910 for information,
referrals and support. Confidentiality is respected.
- You can also contact these community organizations: