Dear students, faculty and friends,
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic please read the following updates:
- All classes and meetings are moving to fully online mode until the end of spring semester. Everyone will be notified, in a timely manner, regarding any furthur decisions.
- No faculty and staff will be at the office.
- Students, please email your advisors if you needed any help or advising. There will be no on-campus appointments during this time.
- In order for us to minimize the spread we should all stay home. Everyone stay healthy and take care of yourselves and your loved ones.
Dr. Tsu-Hong Yen
About the Department
The Department of Hospitality, Tourism and Event Management is comprised a team of full-time faculty, part-time lecturers, and administrative staff. Together they bring cutting edge theoretical and practical skills, knowledge, and experiences to deliver extraordinary classroom and field experiences to prepare students as they transition from school to their careers.
Why Choose HSPM and San José State University?
First and foremost, the faculty, staff, and administration are committed to your success. Every unit is focused on providing programs and activities that result in a truly transformational experience. The campus environment is diverse, welcoming, dynamic, and energized. The region provides some of the most innovative and engaging internship opportunities in the world. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the incredibly talented, caring, diverse, and experienced faculty in the Hospitality Management Department.
Department of Hospitality, Tourism and Event Management Mission
To facilitate the personal and professional learning of students through outstanding academic and career-focused experiences. Graduates will possess the knowledge and skills to provide sound, ethical, and visionary leadership in their discipline and in the diverse communities they serve.
Department of Hospitality, Tourism and Event Management Vision
The Department of Hospitality, Tourism and Event Management will be recognized by the campus community, professionals in the region, and alumni for the high quality of its academic degree programs, its dynamic and engaged faculty, and graduates who are well prepared to anticipate and address challenges in the workplace and community.
- The faculty, in collaboration with professional colleagues, continually enhance curriculum so that it is responsive to changes in their discipline, designed to meet student needs, and provides insights to emerging societal issues.
- By creating a dynamic, professional and welcoming environment the department will be known for its focus on inclusive excellence and ability to bridge the needs of students and the community through clear pathways to successful careers.