Who We Are
The Academic Counseling Center for Excellence in the Social Sciences (ACCESS) is a hub that will provide Academic Advising, Academic Planning, and Graduation Planning for all College of Social Sciences Students as well as provide tutoring in key social science areas.
ACCESS Center Advisors will be committed to student success and promoting development and growth of all students through effective advising, engagement, and exchange of knowledge.
Through academic advising at the ACCESS Center students will:
- Understand university policies and procedures.
- Determine and utilize the necessary resources and services to support their goals.
- Understand General Education Requirements.
- Exhibit an understanding of their degree requirements.
- Assist in selecting courses to progress toward completing their educational plan.
- Demonstrate the ability to make effective decisions, enhance problem-solving skills, and communicate effectively.
- Understand the importance of including experiences outside of the classroom in their educational plan.
- Understand the difference between ACCESS Advisors & Faculty Advisors and when to engage with each.
- Graduate in a timely manner.
Stop by ACCESS for:
- General Education Advising
- Academic Planning
- General Information On Our Majors
- Graduation Planning
- Probation/Reinstatement Advising
- A quiet place to study (and/or do group projects)
- A chance to meet fellow social sciences majors and peer advisors
- Help with changing major
ACCESS Center Hours:
Monday-Thursday: 8:30am to 5:00pm and Friday 8:30am to 4:00pm times are subject to change due to events or workshops
We offer free Statistics and Writing Tutoring for CoSS Students only.
Call 408.924.5363 for more information
We have also partnered with our Career Center to provive Career Counseling for all College of Social Science Students. Call 408.924.5363 for more information.
Non College of Social Science (CoSS) Majors and Undeclared Students cannot make appointments online. You can call 408.924.5363 or come into our office to book appointments or talk to an advisor during Drop In Appointment times.