Probation Advising - Spring 2020
(SJSU Cumulative GPA Below 2.0)
If this is your first time on University Academic Probation you must complete the following steps:
- Attend one of our mandatory ACCESS to Success workshops. (January 21st, 22nd, 24th or 27th) In the workshop, you will review the following:
- ACCESS to Success Program.
- Complete and sign the ACCESS to Success agreement.
- Schedule meetings with a Peer Mentor for the semester.
- Ask questions.
The workshops for Spring 2020 have ended please follow these next steps if you were not able to attend a workshop:
- Enroll in our ACCESS To Success Canvas Shell (This has been sent to all students via there listed perferred email)
- Complete the Qualtrics listed on the Home Page of the Canvas Shell. (By completing this, we will move your probation hold to 2/13)
- Sign up with a Peer Mentor via the SpartanConnect Scheduling message we sent on 1/27/20 (Email titled: "NAME, Sign up for your Peer Mentor appointment at ACCESS.").
- Sign up with a Retention Advisor via the SpartanConnect scheduling message we sent on 1/27/20 (Email titled: NAME, Schedule your University Academic Probation appointment at ACCESS.).
This appointment will take place between Feb 17 - March 20
(SJSU Semester GPA Above 2.0, SJSU Cumulative GPA Below 2.0)
If you are on Continued University Academic Probation you must complete the following:
- Required University Probation advising appointment with any ACCESS Advisor at least once during the semester.
- Optional meetings with a Peer Mentor for the semester.
- Further communication will be sent to your SJSU student e-mail.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What will happen if I do not follow the probation protocol above?
Your Probation Advising Hold will remain on your account. You will be unable to register for future classes until grades are posted for the semester AND until you meet with your assigned ACCESS Retention Specialist.
- What if I cannot attend the ACCESS to Success workshop dates being offered?
Your Probation Advising Hold will remain on your account. You will be unable to register for future classes until grades are posted for the semester AND until you meet with your assigned ACCESS Retention Specialist. We recommend making this workshop a high priority.
- What should I bring with me to the ACCESS to Success workshop?
Tablet or laptop.
- How can I make an appointment to meet with an ACCESS Advisor to address my hold?
Appointments can be made in-person (Clark Hall 240) or by logging on to your Spartan Connect account.
- Who can I contact for more information?