(SJSU Cumulative GPA Below 2.0)
If this is your first time on Academic Probation you must complete the following steps:
- Attend our mandatory workshop PRIOR TO the first day of instruction. In the workshop you will have the opportunity to:
- Complete and sign the ACCESS Success agreement.
- Schedule meetings with a Peer Mentor for the semester.
- Ask questions
Register using this link: https://accesssuccessworkshop.eventbrite.com
(SJSU Semester GPA Above 2.0, SJSU Cumulative GPA Below 2.0)
If you are on Continued Academic Probation you will need to meet with a Peer Mentor throughout the semester. An ACCESS Retention Specialist will contact you with further instructions.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What will happen if I do not follow the probation protocol above?
Your Probation Advising Hold will remain on your account. You will be unable to register for future classes until grades are posted for the semester AND until you meet with your assigned ACCESS Retention Specialist.
- Am I required to register for the SSCI-90 1 unit course?
This class is NO LONGER a requirement.
- What if I cannot attend the probation workshops dates being offered?
This workshop is mandatory for all students on first-time probation. We recommend making this workshop a high priority. Not attending the probation workshop will result in late registration for the following semester.
- What should I bring with me to the probation workshop?
- How can I make an appointment to meet with an ACCESS Advisor to address my hold?
Appointments can be made in-person (Clark Hall 240) or by logging on to your Spartan Connect account.
- Who can I contact for more information?
Joe Fessehaye (email@example.com)