RTP Guiding Principles
- Decisions are based on peer review by elected committes of
tenured faculty and appropriate Administrators.
- All reviews are based only on materials in dossiers prepared
by the candidate. Each reviewer sees identical material.
- Reasons for decisions are given at each stage of review and
candidates have the opportunity to write responses that are
considered by the next level.
- Confidentiality governs all RTP deliberations.
- Fairness and equity require that all reviews are treated
consistently in terms of procedures and timelines.