8:15 am - 4:45 pm
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Closed on weekends and holidays. Hours subject to change.
Avoid financial aid fraud! Don't pay to fill out the FAFSA - it is a free application.
Campus Closure Dates:
May 30, July 4
Financial literacy starts with the basics of banking and budgeting and builds to the complexities of credit and credit scores. View Financial Literacy to help you get started on better money management today!
Apply annually for
The FAFSA and Dream Act Application process begins every year on January 1. Now is the time to apply for 2016-2017! Don't miss out on submitting your FAFSA or Dream Act Application by the priority filing date, March 2. The California Student Aid Commission's (CSAC) GPA verification deadline for Cal Grant consideration is also March 2.
NEW FSA ID: The FSA ID replaces the FAFSA PIN. All students & parents must create a FSA ID. The FSA ID will be used to electronically sign the FAFSA and promissory notes, and signal the completion of entrance and exit counseling.
Parents who do not have a social security number will not be able to create a FSA ID and will have to sign their student's FAFSA by completing a signature page and mailing the page to FAFSA.
The FSA ID will be used to log into federal student aid websites, such as:
What happens next after submitting a FAFSA or a CA Dream Act Application?
Students will receive:
- a Student Aid Report (SAR) from FAFSA or from CSAC (California Student Aid Commission), and
- an Acknowledgement Letter(DRL) from the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office.
The Acknowledgement Letter is sent to student's MySJSU and provides information on the financial aid awarding process. For students selected for verification, the Acknowledgement Letter also provides instructions and deadline dates to submit items found on their To-Do List.
- For students selected for verification, required documents for Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 Award Year will be assigned in MySJSU beginning in March 2016.
- For students selected for verification, the priority deadline to submit all requested documents is Friday, May 27, 2016, to be considered for maximum funding.
- Students who submit all required documents by July 8, 2016, will have their registration fees deferred. Students not meeting the deadline MUST pay their registration fees from their own resources by the payment deadline.
Students should contact the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office if an Acknowledgement Letter is not received in their MySJSU.
Seven Steps to Financial Aid provides an overview of the financial aid process.
View Important Announcements & Dates for information on:
- How to obtain IRS tax information
- To-Do List items
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Holds
- Tuition fee deferral
- Payment due dates
- Deadline to accept loans
- and other important deadlines.
Disbursement begins the first week of each semester. Disbursement may be held for several reasons, such as:
- Admissions status
- Less than full-time enrollment
- Academic progress holds
- Missing To-Do List items, information, etc.
View disbursement policy for more information
Student Information Update Form
- Students enrolled in less than full-time status must notify the Financial Aid and Scholarship office by filling out the Student Information Update form.
- Middle Class Scholarship (MCS) - Students selected to receive a MCS are notified by the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC). Contact the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office if you were notified by CSAC, and have not been awarded.
- IRS Income Information.
- 1098-T Tuition Statement & Tax Credit FAQs
California Student Aid Commission (CSAC)
WebGrants 4 Students (WGS) is your portal for Cal Grant, Chafee and Middle Class Scholarship awards. The California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) contacts students by email so it is critical that you keep information current on your WGS account. Visit CSAC's FAQ page.
Online Learning - Spartan Success Portal
Online workshops aimed at helping students succeed. All workshops are confidential, informational and available 24/7. There are workshops on Academic & Career Exploration, Reading & Writing Strategies, Personal Management, and Learning to Learn. To join a workshop, click on Spartan Success Portal.