Next Campus Closure
|Tuesday, July 4|
8:15 am - 4:45 pm
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Closed on weekends and holidays. Hours subject to change.
WebGrants 4 Students is your portal for Cal Grant, Chafee and Middle Class Scholarship awards. The California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) contacts students by email so it is critical that you keep information current on your WGS account. Visit CSAC's FAQ page.
Avoid financial aid fraud! Don't pay to fill out the FAFSA - it is a free application.
Due to the suspension of the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT), the delays in obtaining tax transcripts, and the verification of non-tax filing status letters, the Department of Education has relaxed some of the verification procedures for schools.
- If you or your parents were asked to complete the "Student Tax Filing Verification" or "Parent Tax Filing Verification", you will now be able to submit a signed copy of the 2015 Tax Return, along with the Verification form.
- If you or your parents were asked to obtain "Verification of Non Tax Filing Status", you will no longer need to submit the Form 4506-T to the IRS. You are now only required to complete the Non-Tax Filing Verification Form and submit your W-2's, if required.
Document Completion Date - Deadline has been extended!
SJSU has also extended our file completion deadline to May 26, 2017. Please be aware of this new deadline to complete financial aid files to be considered for maximum funding.
Complete your 2017-2018 FAFSA or Dream Act Application
- 2017-2018 applications require 2015 income tax information.
- The priority filing date for the applications, and the California Student Aid Commission's (CSAC) GPA verification deadline for Cal Grant consideration was:
- Missed March 2 priority filing deadline? You can still apply! Apply as soon as you can.
Students MUST be enrolled at least half-time to be eligible for financial aid:
6 units - Undergraduate/Credential Students
4 units - Graduate Students
Designed to allow high school & college students to estimate student financial aid eligibility information.
May 26, 2017
Students selected for 2017-2018 verification, all requested financial aid documents must be completed by 4:30 pm, on May 26, to be considered for maximum 2017-2018 funding (deadline date was extended from April 28 to May 26)
Parents who do not have a social security number will not be able to create a FSA ID and will have to sign their student's FAFSA by completing a signature page and mailing the page to FAFSA.
To qualify for a tuition fee deferral and prevent enrollment cancellation, students selected for verification must complete all requested financial aid documents by:
- June 30, 2017 for Fall 2017
- December 14, 2017 for Spring 2018