8:15 am - 4:45 pm
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Office and phones hours subject to change.
Closed weekends and holidays.
Campus Closure Dates:
November 11, 26 and 27
December 25, 28-31
Financial Aid Process:
Students will receive a Document Request Letter notify them to:
- Submit To-Do Item(s) posted in their MySJSU.
Students should contact the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office if To-Do List item(s) do not appear in their MySJSU two weeks after filing a FAFSA.
Seven Steps to Financial Aid provides an overview of the financial aid process.
New FSA ID replaces the Federal Student Aid PIN
- The IRS.gov (website) currently does not have the option to request a Tax Return Transcript
or a Wage and Income Transcript on-line.
- If a student or parent needs to request a Tax Return Transcripts, and/or Wage and Income Transcript, you may request it by mail using the IRS Get Transcript website and choosing "Get Transcript by Mail," or
- Mail IRS form 4506-T to the IRS.
- Students and parents are still able to link their tax information to their FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval tool on the FAFSA.
Important Announcements and Dates
- To-Do List Items
- Financial aid awards are based on the submission and completion of items posted on student's To-Do List in their MySJSU.
- View Seven Steps to Financial Aid for an overview of the financial aid process.
- SAP HOLDS - Students not meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) will result in a financial aid hold. For more information, view What is satisfactory academic progress?
- Tuition Fee Deferral
- The tuition fee deferral does not defer housing fees. Contact University Housing Services with payment inquiries.
- Payment due dates:
- Disbursement begins the first week of each semester. Disbursement may be held for several reasons, such as:
- Admissions status
- Less than full-time enrollment
- Academic progress holds
- Missing information, etc.
View disbursement policy for more information.
- Middle Class Scholarship (MCS) - SJSU will begin coordinating the MCS with other aid already received starting after Census (week of September 21). Disbursement will begin at the end of September to eligible students. This award will not be available to cover any fees due by September 14.
- Student Information Update Form
- Students enrolled in less than full-time status must notify the Financial Aid and Scholarship office by filling out the Student Information Update form.
- IRS Income Information.
- 1098-T Tuition Statement & Tax Credit FAQs
Other information to keep in mind
- January 1 - Apply annually for financial aid beginning January 1.
- March 2 is the FAFSA priority filing deadline, and CSAC GPA verification deadline.
- Avoid financial aid fraud! Don't pay to fill out the FAFSA - it is a free application.
Visit California Student Aid Commission's FAQ page.
Online Learning - Spartan Success Portal
Online workshops aimed at helping students succeed. All workshops are confidential, informational and available 24/7. There are workshops on Academic & Career Exploration, Reading & Writing Strategies, Personal Management, and Learning to Learn. To join a workshop, click on Spartan Success Portal.