8:15 am - 4:45 pm
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Office and phones hours subject to change.
Closed weekends and holidays.
Campus Closure Dates:
September 7, November 11, 26 and 27
Financial Aid Process:
Students will receive a Document Request Letter notify them to:
- Submit To-Do Item(s) posted in their MySJSU.
Students should contact the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office if To-Do List item(s) do not appear in their MySJSU two weeks after filing a FAFSA.
Seven Steps to Financial Aid provides an overview of the financial aid process.
New FSA ID replaces the Federal Student Aid PIN
- The IRS.gov (website) currently does not have the option to request a Tax Return Transcript
or a Wage and Income Transcript on-line.
- If a student or parent needs to request a Tax Return Transcripts, and/or Wage and Income Transcript, you may request it by mail using the IRS Get Transcript website and choosing "Get Transcript by Mail," or
- Mail IRS form 4506-T to the IRS.
- Students and parents are still able to link their tax information to their FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval tool on the FAFSA.
- To-Do List Items
- Financial aid awards are based on the submission and completion of items posted on student's To-Do List in their MySJSU.
- June 19, was the deadline date to be considered for maximum funding.
- View Seven Steps to Financial Aid for an overview of the financial aid process.
- SAP HOLDS - Not meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) will result in a financial aid hold. For more information, view What is satisfactory academic progress?
- Summer 2015
- June 10 - deadline to apply for summer 2015 financial aid.
- June 17 - deadline to accept summer loans.
- Tuition Fee Deferral
- July 17, Students who submit their To Do List items by July 17, qualify for a tuition fee deferral. Tuition fee deferral does not defer housing fees. Contact University Housing Services with payment inquiries.
- July 15, is a payment due date. Students who have not completed their To Do list items, do not have a tuition fee deferral and MUST pay fees in full, or set up a payment plan (see below).
- Payment due dates:
- Tuition fees must be paid on the payment due date indicated in the students MySJSU, unless the student has been assigned a tuition fee deferral.
- An installment payment plan (IPP) is available. To be eligible for an IPP, the minimum amount due is $350.00. A charge of $33 is applied to set up an IPP.
- Students are responsible for checking their MySJSU for fees and payment due dates - How to view payment due dates.
- Disbursement begins the first week of each semester. Disbursement may be held for several reasons, such as:
- Admissions status
- Less than full-time enrollment
- Academic progress holds
- Missing information, etc.
View disbursement policy for more information.
- Student Information Update Form
- Students enrolled in less than full-time status must notify the Financial Aid and Scholarship office by filling out the Student Information Update form.
- IRS Income Information.
- 1098-T Tuition Statement & Tax Credit FAQs
- January 1 - Apply annually for financial aid beginning January 1. March 2 is the FAFSA priority filing deadline, and CSAC GPA verification deadline. Avoid financial aid fraud! Don't pay to fill out the FAFSA - it is a free application.
Visit California Student Aid Commission's FAQ page.
Online Learning - Spartan Success Portal
Online workshops aimed at helping students succeed. All workshops are confidential, informational and available 24/7. There are workshops on Academic & Career Exploration, Reading & Writing Strategies, Personal Management, and Learning to Learn. To join a workshop, click on Spartan Success Portal.