When an Employee Leaves
When one of your employees separates from the University, whether to retire, move on to other employment or another reason, Human Resources can help both you and your employee through the exit process.
Prior to the employees scheduled exit interview with Human Resources, you should complete the following:
- Collect a letter of resignation from the employee
- Collect keys and any university equipment
- Collect passwords to phones and computers
- Update the employee’s profile in MySJSU
- Update the employee’s absences in MySJSU
- For more information please see the Separation/Clearance Instruction Sheet and Guideline
- Have the employee complete an Employee Clearance form
A Human Resources representative will schedule an exit conference with your employee. During this meeting, we will review and provide a confidential exit survey, forms regarding retirement contributions and collect the completed clearance form.