- Faculty (tenure track), are eligible for benefits if appointed for at least 6 months and 1 day and have a minimum of 7.5 weighted teaching units.
- R03 Lecturers and Coaches must be appointed for a minimum of one semester or two consecutive quarters and have at least six (6) weighted teaching units at .4 timebase to be eligible (AB211 classifications only).
- Faculty appointed on an hourly, intermittent basis or working directly for International and Extended Studies do not qualify for benefits.
- If you fall under any of the criteria above, other than faculty appointed on an hourly, intermittent basis or working directly for Internationl and Extended Studies, you are eligible to enroll yourself, your spouse, registered domestic partner, and dependent children under the age of 26, in the benefit plans. A dependent child includes a stepchild, a natural child or a child living with the employee in a parent-child relationship who is economically dependent upon the employee.
- For additional information regarding eligibility please contact the Office of Faculty Affairs at 924-2450.
Employees appointed half-time or more for a period of more than six months are eligible to enroll themselves, their spouses, registered domestic partners, and dependent children under the age of 26, in the benefit plans. A dependent child includes a stepchild, a natural child or a child living with the employee in a parent-child relationship who is economically dependent upon the employee.
There is currently no exclusion for pre-existing physical conditions.
If you do not meet the standard criteria for benefits eligible employees, you may be eligible to enroll in CalPERS health benefits or FlexCash under ACA if you meet any of the following criteria:
- You work an average of 130 hours per month based on an annual review of computed timebase or reported hours during a 12-month measurement period, or
- You are appointed with at least a .75 timebase or higher regardless of length of appointment (duration) or initially hired to work at least 130 hours per month.
Hours worked with any CSU campus are to be incorporated into the applicable 12-month measurement period for ACA hours and used to determine employee status. If you do not meet standard or ACA eligibility requirements and are interested in benefits offered through federal exchanges, please visit Covered California for more information.