Staff Eligibility and Fees
The following staff are eligible for fee waiver:
- All full-time or part-time permanent staff and Confidential employees
- All full-time probationary staff
- All full-time Management Personnel Plan employees
- Some full-time temporary employees
You may enroll in a maximum of two (2) courses or six (6) units, whichever is greater, per term.
If you are on a Leave of Absence, you may take more than two courses or six units through the Fee Waiver Program, depending on the percentage of leave time taken.
- Leave is full-time: No limit to amount of units
- Leave is between three-quarters and full-time: 15 units
- Leave is between half-time and three-quarter time: 12 units
- Leave is between one-quarter and one-half time: 9 units
Supervisor may authorize the use of State time for all units, except Unit 8, for one class depending on the needs of the department, or they may allow changes in work schedules to accommodate a class schedule. However, supervisors are not obligated to do either, and employees may have to take fee waiver classes on their own time. The operational needs of the department must be met. Participants in Unit 8 may not take classes on State time.
The University application fee is waived for all types of staff fee waivers. Contact the Organizational Development & Training Specialist at 924-2141 to have the University application fee waived.
Participation in the fee waiver program shall entitle an employee to instructional services but not to student services, including Health Services.
The following fees are waived for all staff:
The following fees are reduced to $1.00 for all staff:
The following fees are not covered by the fee waiver program: