CSU Eligibility Requirements
1. Earn the equivalent of a U.S. 3.0 grade point average (GPA) or an average of “B” grades.
If required, SJSU will convert your international GPA to a U.S. GPA in order to evaluate your application. Please note that due to impaction, some majors require higher GPAs than others.
2. Successfully complete three years of college preparatory mathematics with a minimum grade of “C-” or better.
3. Submit official test scores from an approved English language proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS or PTE).
Scores must be sent directly to SJSU from the testing institution.
4. Submit partial official secondary school (high school) transcripts and final transcripts.
Final transcripts must include your completion/graduation date.
5. Take SAT or ACT (highly recommended).
If you do not have the equivalent to a U.S. 3.0 GPA, you will need to submit SAT or ACT scores to be considered for admission.
If you attended a high school with American accreditation, you must meet CSU Eligibility Requirements.
If you have taken "O" level examinations, SJSU requires that five subjects are passed in one sitting or the same year, including Math and English (English as an ESL is not acceptable); if these requirements regarding "O" level examinations are met, the English Language proficiency test will be waived. Certified copies of "O" level examinations must be sent directly to SJSU from the testing service or attested by your school; scores sent by the applicant are not acceptable.
If you have taken "A" level and/or "AS" level examinations, SJSU may award college credit if you pass these exams with a "C-" or higher. SJSU must receive "A" and "AS" level examination scores directly from the Board of Examinations. Scores sent by you or certified statements of exam results are not acceptable.
If your studies were in the International Baccalaureate (IB curriculum) program, please submit your school transcripts for evaluation. You will be required to complete four years of English and three years of mathematics and earn a passing score of "C-" or higher. For those earning scores of 4 or higher on the IB Higher Level exams, SJSU may award college credit.