Welcome to San José State University!
New Student and Family Programs offers several programs to support new students and
their parent/families as they transition into SJSU!
New students, after submitting your intent to enroll on nextsteps.sjsu.edu by May 1st, 2018, please:
- Select your orientation session date via nextsteps.sjsu.edu
- To officially register, you must pay your $250 enrollment deposit by May 1st, 2018 on CashNet
- Complete Spartan Link - an online orientation component for all incoming students
that must be completed prior to attending the in-person orientation session.
- This will be sent out to students via email, and also available on the Next Steps website. It will be available mid June.
- Frosh - complete the Reflection on College Writing.
- Information for this will be sent out the first week of May.
- Attend New Student Orientation - mandatory in-person orientation for all incoming frosh and transfer students
- Revisit Spartan Link - Post-orientation information and resources provided
- Attend Parent/Family Weekend - invite parents and family members to our weekend event
to get a glimpse of the SJSU experience!
- Registration information will be available by June 1st.
This website offers information regarding our Orientation programs, as well as Parent & Family resources on how to best support your student!