Welcome to the NUFS & PKG Department!Our website provides extensive information about our Department and our programs. We invite you to explore the links above.
- $2,000 Scholarship Opportunity: Circle of Friends Scholarship Application DUE Friday, March 17, 2017 @ 5:00 PM to CCB 200, NUFS & PKG Department Office (click link above to find out about eligibility requirements).
- $1,000 Graduate Student Research Assistance Award opportunity: Circle of Friends research funds application DUE Friday, February 24, 2017 @ 5:00 PM to CCB 200, NUFS & PKG Department Office (click link above to find out eligibility requirements).
- Frankie Garcia (Hong Kong FLP alumn), Natsuko Tsuji, MS (former NUFS graduate student), and Cassie Barmore, MS, RD (campus dietitian) all received 2016-17 CEED Awards! Congrats!
- Former graduate student, Amy Reisenberg, MS, RD, and Dr. Kasuen Mauldin published their anthropometry research in the December 2016 issue of the Californian Journal of Health Promotion.
- Curriculum scheduling update: Both NUFS 108A and NUFS 109 will be offered every semester starting Fall 2017.
- Dr. Ashwini Wagle, our DPD Director, receives the 2016-17 Excellence in Education Award presented by the California Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics! Official announcement and details to follow.
- Dr. Lucy McProud, our Department Chair, received the Lifetime Faculty Service Award at the 2016 CASA Service Awards Reception on Wednesday, December 7, 2016!
- Dr. Adrianne Widaman published her nutrition research in the November 2016 issue of the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics.
- The Department is currently recruiting/interviewing for a tenure-track Assistant Professor with expertise in nutrition and statistics.