Welcome to the NUFS & PKG Department!Our website provides extensive information about our Department and our programs. We invite you to explore the links above. ------ Current Students, Alumni, and Affiliates: Join our Department LinkedIn Group for job opportunities and professional networking!
- Ms. Caroline Haas, NUFS & PKG faculty member and Director of our Circle of Friends Alumni Association, received the Lifetime Faculty Service Award at the 2017 CASA Service Awards Reception on Wednesday, November 15, 2017!
ATTENTION Transfer Students: You must take the Writing Skilles Test (WST) at your current institution during your last semester. For example, if you are transfering to SJSU in Fall 2018, then you must take the WST at your current institution during Spring 2018.
- ATTENTION Masters Program Applicants: The graduate school application system, CSU Mentor, has been replaced with Cal State Apply (calstate.edu/apply) as of June 1, 2017.
- Curriculum scheduling update: Both NUFS 108A and NUFS 109 will be offered every semester starting Fall 2017.
- History of NUFS & PKG's Cal Pro NET Center is featured in CASA Blog post!
- Dr. Fritz Yambrach received the top award in the DuPont International Innovative Package Design competition this year with his Fritz Water Vest (pictured below). This is very prestigious as it has an international team of judges and is very well respected in the packaging technology field. Their comments recognized Fritz Water Vest as an example of Packaging technology applied to improving people's lives. For more info about the Fritz Water Vest, visit www.FritzWaterVest.org.
- The Packaging Program typically gives over $6,000 annually in student scholarships!