Welcome to the NUFS & PKG Department!Our website provides extensive information about our Department and our programs. We invite you to explore the links above.
ATTENTION Transfer Students: You must take the Writing Skilles Test (WST) at your current institution during your last semester. For example, if you are transfering to SJSU in Fall 2018, then you must take the WST at your current institution during Spring 2018.
- SJSU students, faculty, perceptors, and alumni at the 2017 California Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics annual conference in Sacramento, CA:
- SJSU Students with current Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics President, Lucille Beseler:
- Dr. Ashwini Wagle, our DPD Director, receives the 2016-17 Excellence in Education Award presented by the California Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics at the annual CAND conference:
- Department featured on CASA Blog!
- Department Convocation (Graduation) is on Friday, May 26, 2017 from 11 AM - 1 PM.
- Frankie Garcia (Hong Kong FLP alumn), Natsuko Tsuji, MS (former NUFS graduate student), and Cassie Barmore, MS, RD (campus dietitian) all received 2016-17 CEED Awards! Congrats!
- Curriculum scheduling update: Both NUFS 108A and NUFS 109 will be offered every semester starting Fall 2017.
- Dr. Lucy McProud, our Department Chair, received the Lifetime Faculty Service Award at the 2016 CASA Service Awards Reception on Wednesday, December 7, 2016!
- The Packaging Program typically gives over $6,000 annually in student scholarships!