- A Bachelor's degree with an upper-division statistics course, college calculus courses and a programming course.
- GPA 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.(Bachelor's Degree)
- Conditional admissions might be granted for applicants with an exceptional background and GPA less than 3.0 but greater than 2.5.
- No GRE and GMAT scores, or recommendation letters required.
For applying to any graduate programs at San Jose State University, please follow the information provided by the Graduate Admissions and Program Evaluations (GAPE) department on the prospective students page.
A list of test requirements for all of the graduate programs on campus can be found here.
English Language Proficiency
An applicant without a U.S. bachelor's, master's or doctoral degree must present scores that meet the university minimum scores for one of the following tests:
- TOEFL: 550 (Paper Based), 213 (Computer Based), 80 (Internet Based)
- IELTS: 6.5
- Pearson’s Test of English: 53
For the latest information regarding the English-Language Proficiency Exam Requirements, please refer to GAPE - International Applicants page.
Note: SJSU does not accept an “English-medium of instruction” as a substitute for an English-language proficiency exam.
Letters from applicants or institutions will NOT be accepted.
Requests to waive this requirement will only be considered under the following circumstances:
- Received a bachelor’s or master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution within the U.S.
- Completed 3 years of full-time coursework in a regionally accredited institution within the U.S.
Note: Submit Test Scores [SJSU Institution Code: 4687]
This degree program admits only the most qualified applicants who satisfy both program and university requirements to the program. However an applicant that meets all admission requirements might still be denied due to insufficient space.