Networking is a fantastic resource for learning more about job opportunities. Consider interacting with one of the following groups here at SJSU or in the broader Bay Area:
SJSU Applied Computing LinkedIn Group
- SJSU Applied Computing (you'll need to request to be added once you click the link)
User Experience, Human Factors, Human Computer Iteraction
Data Anayltics, Data Science, Machine Learning
- Spartan Analytics
- SJSU Data Science Club
- SJSU Machine Learning Club
- SJSU Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Society
The SJSU Career Center has excellent tools for connecting students with internship opportunities. See their internships page here, and click on SJSU Handshake.
Applied computing in the media
As technology becomes increasingly present in our lives, the need for interdisciplinary training becomes increasingly obvious as well. Below you can find articles and books discussing the importance of combining social science knowledge and computer programming skills to prepare students for careers in the digital age.
- The Fuzzy and the Techie
- The Big Data Boom is the Innovation Story of Our Time (The Atlantic)
- Universities Rush to Add Data Science Majors as Demand Explodes (SF Chronicle)
- Economists (and Economics) in Tech Companies (Journal of Economic Perspectives)
Looking for programming help outside the classroom?
Try these freely available resources for furthering your programming skills on your own: