Students in the child and adoloscent department have access to a wide variety of helpful resources both on campus and off. Be sure to take the time to explore these sites. They have been selected to provide you with a range of helpful information.
- Academic Advising - ChAD offers excellent advisement to current ChAD students and those who are interested in joining our program. This advising is designed to help students develop and follow a plan for completing their course requirements.
- Careers in ChAD - There are several resources at SJSU to help you explore career options related to child and adolescent development.
- ChAD Club - In the Department of Child & Adolescent Development, there is a student-run club open to any interested students, alumni, and faculty.
- Frequently Asked Questions - Get answers to many of the questions that our current students have.
- Promise Group - The Promise Group was established to create opportunities for first generation students and those who are part of the SJSU Spartan Scholars, Guardian Scholars, or Educational Opportunity Program to participate in a year-long personal, academic, and professional development experience.
- Service Learning - In collaboration with our community partners, students gain hands on experience working with children, youth and families as well as with the organizations that serve them.
- Student Research Opportunities - Your participation in research is incredibly valuable in contributing new knowledge about child and adolescent development and informing the work of professionals who work with children, adolescents and families.
Lurie College of Education Resources
- Financial Aid Opportunities - Visit this page to learn about the numerous scholarship and grant opportunities available through the college. The application process for scholarships takes place each spring semester.
- Student Success Center - Utilize this space in Sweeney Hall 106 to meet with academic advisors, get writing support, attend workshops, and more.
- Study and Collaboration Room - Utilize this space in Sweeney Hall 446 to study, relax, and access a computer, printer, copy machine, and technical assistance.
- Research Opportunities - Visit this webpage to learn about opportunities to present your research and apply for funding to support your research.
- Graduation and Commencement - Learn more about how to apply for candidacy and graduation and learn more about our upcoming commencement ceremony.
- Alumni Resources - After you've completed your program, take advantage of the many opportunities to connect with one another, stay connected with the college, and actively participate in the continued growth of the college.
- Campus and Community Resources - Learn more about SJSU's student service offices, campus centers, and more.
Lurie College Social Media Information
Discord Messaging Server
- ChAD Club of SJSU group
- Early Childhood Student-Alumni Network (ESAN) @ SJSU group
- Lurie College of Education Recent Alumni Network group
- SJSU Lurie College of Education Facebook page
- Lurie College Student Success Center page
- ChAD Club of SJSU | @chadclubofsjsu
- Early Childhood Student-Alumni Network | @esansjsu
- Lurie College of Education | @sjsulurie
- Student Success Center | @luriesuccess
- SJSU Child and Adolescent Development Department Alumni group
- SJSU Lurie College of Education group
- SJSU Lurie College of Education LinkedIn page
- Early Childhood Institute | @eci_sjsu
- SJSU Lurie College of Education | @sjsulurie
- Lurie College Student Success Center | @luriesuccess
- Heather Lattimer, dean | @hlattimer
- Dina Izenstark, faculty | @Dina_Izenstark
- Ellen Middaugh, faculty | @emiddaugh
- Kim Tsai, faculty | @drkimtsai
- Krissy Hasset, faculty | @krissysjsu
- Robert Marx, faculty | @RbrtMrx