Become a Transformative Educational Leader!
The SJSU Lurie College of Education Ed.D. Leadership Program prepares the next generation of leaders with the knowledge, skills, and dispositions necessary to understand the causes of inequitable outcomes in P-16 educational institutions. Students in this program are also simultaneously prepared to assess pedagogies, practices, policies, and curricula that hold the potential to improve the life chances of minoritized students.
These efforts are crucial as more than 8 in 10 California superintendents will be eligible for retirement in the next five years. In Santa Clara County alone, nearly 1,000 administrators serve 398 schools.
EdD Leadership Program Announcements
- The eighth cohort of the Doctoral Program in Educational Leadership at San José State
University begins Summer 2021, and applications will be accepted starting November
1st. For more information on the doctoral program, please sign up for one of our information
sessions. The tentative dates of the Ed.D. Info Sessions are:
- September 23, 2020 | 6:00pm-7:15pm
- October 28, 2020 | 6:00pm-7:15pm
- November 18, 2020 | 6:00pm-7:15pm
- December 16, 2020 | 6:00pm-7:15pm
- January 20, 2021 | 6:00pm-7:15pm
- February 17, 2021 | 6:00pm-7:15pm
- Spring and Summer 2020 Dissertation Defenses - Learn more about the dissertations that our recent cohort of graduates defended.
- Ed.D. Alumni & Students Contact Information Update form - If you have moved, changed jobs, or had a change in contact information, please share your updated information with us.
Lurie College & SJSU Announcements
- Financial Aid Opportunities - Visit this page to learn about the numerous scholarship and grant opportunities available through the college. The application process for scholarships takes place each spring semester.
- SJSU Lurie College of Education Blog - Our college-wide blog contains more announcements, opportunities, and news for and about Counselor Education students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
Meet our Students, Alumni, and Faculty
Our Spring/Summer 2020 newsletter includes details on our graduating students' dissertations as well as recent achievements by faculty, students, and alumni. Visit our Newsletter webpage to access all of our newsletters.
EdD Alumni and Faculty Publish Documentary
Ed.D. Director Edits Two Academic Journals
Ed.D. Leadership Program Director, Dr. Brad Porfilio, has been serving as an editor for two acadmic journals, The SoJo Journal: Educational Foundations and Social Justice Education and The International Journal of Critical Media Literacy, each of which bring critical and necessary lenses to academic research and practice. Check out the most recent volume of each journal.